Someone Important

(2016)

Sunmi laughed nervously as she finished explaining to her group mates her performance for Music Bank.

"Wait what?" Suho spoke up.

"I'm going to be doing a performance of My Ears Candy at Music Bank with Shownu of Monsta X and my first practice is in 30 minutes, so can someone drive me since I left my car at the company." Sunmi restated to her shocked group members.

"I'll do it since the rest of you look like she's telling you she's getting married." Xiumin said before grabbing his car keys.

"You better not come home pregnant when you come back!" Sehun yelled.

Sunmi nervously sat in the car as Xiumin drove.

"You'll do great Sunghi."

::

Shownu was nearly shitting his pants because he was so nervous about meeting Sunmi, who he may or may not have a tiny crush on.

And when she walked in, wearing a tight grey t-shirt and black leggings, she couldn't look anymore beautiful.

"Hello! You must be Shownu correct?" Sunmi said, smiling as she bowed and dropped her bag in the corner of the room.

"Ah yes. Nice to meet you sunbaenim." Shownu said, nervously bowing.

"You can drop the honourifics since we are the same age. Besides, we are going to need to get to know each other for this performance in a few weeks."

Weeks passed and Shownu and Sunmi got quite close and soon came the performance day.

As they watched Hani and Jihun perform, Sunmi felt herself getting nervous.

"Hey. It's gonna be fine." Shownu said, smiling and squeezing Sunmi's hand.

"Thank you Shownu."

As Sunmi sat in her dressing room laughing at the reactions from her members, a knock arose on her door.

"Come in."

"Hey Sunmi." Shownu said.

Sunmi looked from her phone and smiled.

"I've really enjoyed working with you on this performance and I was wondering I could get your number? So we could keep in contact...." Shownu said trailing off awkwardly at the end.

"Sure! On the topic of keeping in contact, do you want to go out for coffee sometime? Consider it my treat." Sunmi said.

"That would be great! I mean, yeah. That would be really nice." Shownu said, blushing.

"Thanks."

Sunmi smiled.

Thank god she took this opportunity.

Because she wasn't just spending a couple weeks with some random male idol then never talking again.

She had met someone important.

Someone who would permanently become part of her story.