She's never seen anyone look that veiny before. Kol turns to face the dessicated body, also startled by the sight.

"You made the right choice, witch. She would have succumbed to it if you hadn't" he adds when she turns to face him, sniffling as she does as fresh tears stream down her face. She's also momentarily taken aback when she sees what Caroline looks like. "A dessiccated vampire should not look like this. This isn't natural" he adds.

He speeds out the room to go and get the coffin that they would place Caroline in as Bonnie turns to face Rose.

"Was he...comforting me?" She asks Rose in surprise.

"Stranger things have happened before" Rose replies as Kol returns with the coffin, wheeling it into the room before leaning it against the wall as he picks Caroline up as Bonnie steps into the room.

Rose walks off, leaving them to take care of the finer details as she heads upstairs.

~Fall on me~

"Elijah, you're back" Rose says with a smile when she sees him.

"Rose, it's wonderful to see you as always" he says.

He's taken aback when she embraces him like a sister would do to their long lost brother.

"Has something happened?" He asks her worriedly.

"No" she replies, "it's just good to see your familiar face is all" she replied, drawing back from their embrace to smile at him as he reciprocates it.

His eyes move from her to face Bonnie and Kol who head their way and Rose sees his eyebrows arch in evident surprise.

"Good day Miss Bennett" he greets her.

He immediately notes her reddened nose and watery eyes.

"Elijah" she comments dully, "Rose, I have to go but I'll be back later to pick Care up" she says to the former reaper as Rose nods.

"Sure" she says, "be safe Bon" she adds.

"Thanks" Bonnie says, offering her a small grateful smile in response as she heads for the door. "Oh, before I forget" she says as she turns to face her, "this is for you" she says to Rose as she pulls something out of her purse and holds it out for her. Rose goes to take the blue parchment from her. "Bye" she adds tiredly before walking off as Rose reads the paper.

"Did something happen to Miss Forbes?" Elijah asks them

"We put her down" Kol replies, "Rose said that the hex was too powerful not to" he explains to Elijah as his brother nods in understanding.

He had feared that it might lead to this and it has.

"Where are Niklaus and Rebekah?"

"Rebekah went shopping in Paris for a few days" Rose says, making her way back to them, "it's Fashion Week there" she explains as both of them look at her blankly. Clearly they have no what she's talking about. "Never mind" she chortles.

"And Niklaus?"

"Niklaus is right here" the hybrid says, stepping into their home, "and he's curious with what Bonnie Bennett was doing here" he adds.

Kol and Rose share a look at this, which Elijah deciphers to mean that he didn't know about Miss Forbes' daggering.

Something else that he notes is the scent of his brother on Rose and vice versa.

They needed to have spent a lot of time entwined together for their scents to be so strong on each other like this which he takes to mean that they finally succumbed to their feelings for one another.