AyamiLu's Author Interview

WATTPAD FILIPINO BLOCK PARTY 2019

1. What is your username means? What is the story behind it?

There's no story, really. When I started writing in Wattpad in 2014, I considered signing up anonymously but I couldn't really think of any 'catchy' name or something that can distinctly represent me as an individual. It gave me headache, honestly. So I just settled with Ayami Lu, which came from my real nickname 'Aya'.

I was a fan of anime back in those years, and one of my favorites is 'Fruits Basket'. There's this one character, named Ayumi, who turns into a snake when he's touched by a girl and I particularly liked his character. So, for that reason, I thought of Ayami.

As for the latter letters, Lu, it simply means 'loves you'. Ayami Loves U. 😊

2. Can you still recall the first time you've wrote your first story? Share your experience in the process.

I started writing when I was in Grade 4 and I've written at least (less than) ten unfinished stories until I graduated in high school. But I can only remember the first story I have successfully completed. It's called 'Sonice 16', which literally means 'Prince Charming 16'.

The story was about five16-year-old boys (high school boys) who struggled about school, life and their first relationships as they hit puberty. So, yeah, it's about teen romance. I wrote this when I was in third year high school and it all started when one fateful recess time, I saw a store that sells stickers worth 30 pesos and I spotted a good-looking Japanese anime sticker among them (it was the only remaining sheet!) and I only had 20 pesos that time! So, I borrowed money from my friend and I bought it. Bahala nang walang makain! Hahaha! It basically inspired me to come up with 5 characters and their individual stories.

In a span of one year, I finished writing it and I have used five (green apple regular sized) notebooks and countless pens and gel pens (because I like to doodle on my notes to elaborate a scene or to show what outfit my characters were wearing).

It was a proud moment for me because I have finally completed a story without giving up in the middle, which I usually do when I feel bored writing. I wish I can post it here in Wattpad, but unfortunately, I couldn't find the last reader who borrowed them. 😭

3. If you're going back to the past, what would you change in your own author career or stories?

So far, I have nothing I wanted to change or whatsoever regarding the decisions I have made. The same goes to the stories I have written. But if I was to go back to the past, I would want to grab some opportunities I have let go and passed by. 😢

4. Who's your favorite character among all the stories you've written? Why?

I would choose The Tears of Faith. Because it was the story that was closest to me. It was raw and imperfect, and it carried most of my emotions as I was writing it. It's the story that every time I come back and read it, it reminds me of the time when I was starting to write online and how exciting it felt to have strangers read my words, my imagination, my story and interact with them at the same time. Through TOF, I see how I started as I novice in writing and I realize how much I improved and how much I've grown. Though it's not much of an improvement, I still have so much more to learn, to master and to develop especially on technical aspects of writing, but I'm still proud of what I have reached so far in terms of writing.

5. If you're going to create an alternate ending in one of your stories, what story would that be? Why? What ending will it be, if ever?

I'd pick The Tears of Faith. It was supposed to have a tear-jerking, tragic ending and I wanted it to be. But during the time that I was writing it, I had a very supportive friend who was reading it regularly without fail. She never skipped an update and she's always the first to post a comment. When I was close to finishing, she told me to end it in a happy note because it's my first story (here in Wattpad) and it would be so terrible if I kill one of my lead characters, so it has to be a happy ending. According also to her, konti lang daw ang nagbabasa ng story na may tragic ending. So, I listened to her and twisted the story to give the characters a happy ever after.

But if I was to give it an alternate ending, I would go with my first choice. A tragic end—where Faith (heroine) died after her operation leaving her husband, Alex forever—would be nice to catch a deep emotion from my readers. Hehehe. 😊

ADDITIONAL NOTE:

A Letter to my adorable Pandas. 🌻

I know I've hurt a lot of you by making a sudden decision. It wasn't born out of impulse. It was a tough decision, because I am sensibly aware that a lot of my readers are here. And I was also fully aware what will be the consequence if I make that decision. But know that I had reasons why I did that. We're no rich people, guys, and I had to earn to help my mother. I was waiting for a job and at that moment, the opportunity came to me and knocked. Hindi po ako santo. We all have to find a way to survive. A few tried to understand, but some did not and they were pretty much upset they even called me things like 'ganid', 'walang utang na loob', etc., but I let them all say what they want, anyway. They're attacking me as a person only because of that reason. Fine. But I don't want to wrestle with them in that mud. Isa pa po, I didn't think na isang malaking kawalan ang mga stories ko rito. There're billions of good writers here with good stories. Katulad nga ng sinasabi ninyo, andiyan ang mga idol/favorite authors ninyo na mas considerate pa sa mga readers niya. So, I don't think harassing me was necessary. Iyong iba, sobra na kung makapagsalita na parang sinampal ko sila nang pisikal.

Like I've always said, it's your choice to read it or not. Anyway, kung maisasalibro naman sila, huwag niyo na lang pong basahin online. As for the last two chapters of MH, I will post them just like I promised. My future stories will be posted in Wattpad, if ever I continue writing them. Mahirap nang magsalita, lalo na ngayong wala nang masyadong oras magsulat, wala nang ganang magpuyat para magsulat.

Salamat sa mga nagtitiwala at sumusuporta pa rin, even though I've let you down so many times. The fault was mine. Pinaghintay at pinaasa ko kayo, at maiintindihan ko kung ayaw niyo na po sa'kin. Dejk. ✌ Maraming, maraming salamat pa rin. Kahit iyong iba, hindi na bumibili ng libro kasi libre naman sa Wattpad, 'di ba? Hehehe. 😊 Siyempre, dumaan din naman ako sa pagiging estudyante. Dati, 5 pesos lang rent namin 1 pocket book per day.

Anyway, look out for the update of MH. Ipo-post ko po siya soon. And I will try (hard) na masundan ng Epilogue. (I won't say 'agad' dahil magiging paasa na naman si ako.) 😉

Iyon lang. 😘

Love lots,
Ayami 🐼