About a Girl

Author's Note: The third chapter is based on Nirvana's song which is also in the one-shot "About a Girl" with Nunsignor as children. If you haven't checked the one-shot, I recommend you to check it out as a wee easter egg to this chapter, despite the differences in the situations as well. I hope you like and enjoy this roller coaster! :)) 

--- *** ---

--- A Year Later ---

--- 25th of December, 1960 ---

A handful of months remained until Jude and Timothy could remark their second platonic anniversary not only as devotional members of the clergy, collaborating altogether in the hallowed missions they're attending to do, furthermore of their remarkable, promising friendship. The truth was Timothy was amidst the fewest true, loyal friends she's ever had in her life. Life which was a dynamic roller coaster, full of hazards. Life which was a roller coaster from the protagonist she used to be back in her life before joining the church up to the pious member of the clergy, marrying herself to God spiritually and bodily, besides solemnly taking her vows. The protagonist with the sleazy lifestyle of boozing insane, unspeakable quantity of alcohol to mute the pain and the shadows and demons' inner voices of her grim past, reckoning her former fiancé's relentless heartbreak that shattered her flimsy heart on trillions of tiny, flimsily and frailly glassy pieces. The one-night stands with the variety of men, whether young or approximately her age to dip herself in the hazy, profound seas of the oblivion, in spite of feeling nothing else than temporal carnal pleasure. Thereafter coming to her senses a couple of hours later or rather waiting patiently for them to be deeply kipping so that to gather her stuff, subsequently making her way out of the old, crummy motel's room and its façade. Singing in old bars in ordinary jazz band.

Today was a significant worldwide Christian holiday which was a prominent day for the blonde by deeming it as more prominent than her own birthday. The day of Christ's birth. Even for today annually or almost annually there was a nun party by assembling the sisters of the church in a private hotel by reserving the bar somewhere in Boston's outskirts. Somewhere far away from Briarcliff. Somewhere to have fun, to celebrate the birth of Christ's day, taking its place somewhere with mirthful atmosphere, encircling them in its carols' embraces. Somewhere far away from their ecclesiastical responsibilities and missions, occupying their daily schedules, unable to rest for almost a single second. They longed for distraction and a day far away from their bids and responsibilities, regardless how weary they're eventually.

Through the past months, Jude and Timothy were dumbfoundingly close as the drastic close platonic relationship they shared as team players in saving wretched souls and being friends with abstaining from sharing their intensifying, potently romantic feelings they'd for one another.

A ginormous dining table was adorned with a cashmere crimson-oyster carpet, followed by empty dishes, a bowl with galore of candies with diversity of flavors, swarm of long alabaster lit up candles and empty glasses for drinks.

Sea of holy women were situating in bar as some of them were dancing, whereas some of them were conversating with each other.

In the meantime, music was recently playing on the recording vinyl recording where the barman was guarding it, boating in the background as a distraction.

"You say you've got kisses and swear that they're brand new! I think that's fine if you ain't lyin'! But make me know it do! Come on now, make me know it! Then go ahead and show it!" What it was peculiar for the saintly sisters of the church was that instead of a Christmas song or a song that was associated with the holiness, it was rather playing the outstanding Elvis Presley with his song Stuck on You, chanting eloquently the lyrics.