💠 Sęvęn 💠

><>< ><>< ><>< ><>< ><>< ><>< ><><

"What is 'Project Venom Spider'?"

A memory started to resurface. It was dark and musty, only the flicker of equipment lights lit up the room. A very young Marvel, around the age of four, laid strapped to a cold table. Goosebumps littered his skins as he watched the people move around in the darkness.

Dried tears stained his face, terror covered his face. A man walks over to him and says, "It's okay little spider. This won't take very long."

That man leaves and another one takes his place, a creepy expression on his face. In his hand, he held a syringe with a blue-green liquid. To scare the four-year-old even more the man holding the strange liquid says, "Let's hope it works better for you than it did the last candidate. She, unfortunately, didn't make it.."

Putting the syringe in the boy's neck, he instantly freezes. The man holding it slowly injects the content in and Marvel could feel it burning as it traveled through his body. As the concoction worked its way through his system his hair began to change from a raven black to a bright blue and his eyes changed from brown to green. His insides and his outsides changed that day.

Snapping out of the memory, he looks over at Nova who's looking at him in somewhat of shock. "What.."

"Uh..you've got fangs and...your eyes are red.." Nova tells him pointing to his teeth and his eyes, Marvel's appearance looks a little scary.

A high pitched ringing noise causes Marvel to bring his hands up to ears and a low hiss escapes his lips. He started to do a small dance around his ceiling, trying to do something to get the pain to stop. All Nova could do was watch helplessly, "Marvel...are...okay?"

Nova's words started to get lost in the noise until everything just stopped. The ringing faded away and Marvel slowly started to lose focus on sticking and ended up falling off the ceiling. If it wasn't for Nova catching him, he would have dislocated something. In Novas' arms, Marvel began to twitch and convulse. It was like someone was controlling his body, causing it to shake and spasm.

The door to their apartment opens and Jason comes in and instantly hears Nova's frantic voice say, "Marvel..are you okay? Can you hear me?!?"

Jason comes running into the room and finds Marvel convulsing in Nova's arms. Assessing the situation quickly he says, "Nova, I'm going to need you to put him on the ground on his side."

Nova nods and then follows Jasons' instructions and puts his boyfriend on the ground on his side. "Okay, now I need you to hold him there."

Once he does, Jason gets up from the floor and rushes into the other room to grab something from the closet. When he comes back into the room he has an injector filled with a clear liquid. Hovering over his sons' left shoulder, he pushes the injector into his skin and pushes the button. Once the clear liquid works through his system, Marvels' body slowly begins to cease in it's shaking. His eyes close and Nova lays his boyfriend on his back.

"Sir...I honestly don't know what happened." Nova starts not wanting to think he was the cause. " He was okay and then he just started freak out, covering his ears. Then he started to fall and then his body started to shake..."

Jason takes the boys story into account and says, "I know you didn't do anything, it's okay Nova."

"Is...Is he going to be okay??" Nova nervously asks not wanting to draw any attention to the fact that he was dating his son.

Jason looks from his unconscious son on the floor to the boy standing in front of him and put it together, he'd known for a while but this just confirmed it. The deep concern in Nova's voice screamed it. "I honestly don't know... but I'll let you know...I can see he means a lot to you."