December 3, 2017

Bae Shannon the Santa believer is forced to switch roommates

* * *

"Has anybody seen Yewon?"

Sungyeon had already looked all over the dorm in search of her roommate, but she was nowhere to be found. Now, she rested on one of her last choices: asking the others.
The girls looked at each other.

"I haven't. Have you?" Kyla asked Minkyung.
"Nope. Have you tried calling her?"

Sungyeon nodded her head.

"Yup! But I keep getting sent to voicemail,"
"Maybe she went out to but some snacks?"

The oldest of the two halfies looked over to the speaker. Minkyung had her head rested on Yebin's lap.

"Oh, please. She has plenty to spare for months!"

Kyla opened her mouth but before she could do so, the missing person appeared on her own.

"Yewon!'

The girl turned the other way before running into one of the bedrooms. Sungyeon could have sworn she had seen a box full of the girl's property.
She looked over to the others, who raised their shoulders as if to say "I don't know".
Sungyeon walked over to where Yewon disappeared, standing in front of the door before speaking.

"Yewon, why are you in there?"

There was no response.

"I know you're in there, Yewon,"
"So what?!" She yelled from the other side. "Now I can't be with others in their rooms?"
"Then would you like to explain to me why you took some of your stuff inside?"

Silence yet again.
Sungyeon kicked the door.

"Yewon!"
"Alright! I'll tell ya!"

Whispers filled the room opposite of her before all she heard was only Yewon.

"I'm moving out,"
"What?!"
"I can't stand being your roommate!"
"Why?! What did I do wrong?!"
"Everything!"

Sungyeon was genuinely surprised.

"Come on! We can figure something out over a nice cup of-"
"No way! Especially not after yesterday!"
"Oh, come on. It wasn't that bad!"

Yewon snapped open the bedroom door. Her face was red with anger.

"Wasn't bad?! You left half of us because you wanted to go windows shopping!"
"Not. Window. Shopping. Besides, we didn't buy anything. If anything, there wasn't much to see yet. The stores were still getting ready for the holiday,"

Yewon finished opening all of the door before pushing a finger to Sungyeon chest with each syllable she spoke.

"I already moved my stuff while you were still asleep. Your new roommate should be getting their stuff settled in,"

She slammed the door shut.

Sungyeon grunted, walking away to sit next to Minkyung and Yebin, who were casually wrapping themselves in a shared blanket. She had barely sat back down when she caught a glance of movement heading into her own room. She got back up and tiptoed her way before reaching the door and opening it... or did someone open do it before her?

"Ah!"

Sungyeon clung on to the opening door before falling down.

"Sungyeon? Are you okay?"

She looked up, almost meeting face-to-face with one of PRISTIN's foreigners: Zhu Kulkyung.

"Y-yeah. I just fell down is all,"
"Let me help you up,"

The halfie could easily get up on her own, but would it be rude to do that with your new roommate? Probably.

They walked into their now-shared room with minimal speaking, but tension grew once they calmed down and had nothing to speak to one another. It was stiff, and neither PRISTIN members wanted to voluntarily break it. The problem? It wasn't really that they didn't get along. Oh no. It was because the two of them hadn't really talked with one another, even after their debut.

So what now?

Sungyeon didn't know. Usually, she would be-

A lightbulb suddenly lit up above her head.

She reached to the bottom of her bed, grabbing a crimp box full of Christmas lights. She grabbed one of the rows and held it up for the other to see.

"Wanna help me set up the room? Yewon didn't want any Christmas lights, so I was planning on saving them for the tree but... if you want to, we can decorate the room with a few of them,"

Kulkyung rested a blank expression before smiling for the first time since entering her new room.

"Sure,"

* * *

Don't let strangers remain strangers if you are going to be together for a while. It is better to know them than to leave them as an unmarked person.