"Aw man... Alright lets go." Thana says pulling the girl from the ground. Thana began walking out the cave holding Lyra's hand.

"You don't have to hold my hand you know."

"I want to hold your hand."

"...ok."

Thana giggled, but stopped as soon as she stood in front of her father. Her breathing hitched and her eyes grew wide. "Thana I-" before he could finish, Thana quickly went the other direction. Kars stood there in guilt and confusion.

Kars POV

"She is still afraid of me..." I dropped the moose I had caught on the ground in frustration. "Is it because I striked her?" I sat in front of the fire and glared at it.

"I'll talk to her when she comes back." Esidisi said casually grabbing the dead animal.

"When I struck her she said 'not again'. What does that mean?? The expression she gave just them looked like she feared for her life. I expected her to get an attitude and tell me to move, but she fled... I'd rather have her being near me to kill me than have her fear for her life and run away..." even with the incident that happened earlier today she didn't have that look. Even when she Thought Wamuu was going to perish, And while I chased her, before I wounded her she didn't have that look. So why now?"

"Maybe she didn't think you were going to hurt her." Esidisi began to cook the animal over the fire.

"...Why don't you just cook it using your body heat?"

"Because that is so unsanitary." Esidisi said obviously disgusted with my question.

Thana POV

"...Are you ok?" Lyra asked me.

"Yeah. Never better... Oh! You can use the bathroom right here." I said pointing behind a bush. She gave me skeptical look before going behind the bush. I waited till she was done.

"It's a good thing I have hand sanitizer in my pocket!... this is still really gross though..." Lyra talks more but I ignore her. I couldn't focus. I don't want to go back to the cave... Not right now... I've got to much on my mind. Every time I look at Kars all I think about is the man who killed my mother. It's stupid I know. "Thana. I'm done."

"Huh? Oh. My bad." I laughed nervously.

"...Are those men your family?"

"...Sorta... Santana is a really good listener and is actually pretty sweet, today he was kinda different... Wamuu isn't really a good listener, but still a good friend and possibly the future father of my children ~, and Esidisi is like an uncle."

"What about the man with the pretty hair?"

"Who? Kars? Ugh! He's...my dad..."

"...I can see it now."

"Ew don't compare me to him... Wait... quick question."

"Yeah?"

"How are you supposed to be "hunting me down", if you only know my real name, and not my personal information?"

"They don't tell me anything."

"Oof. Well when I was your age I was forced to do dangerous stuff too. Me and my best friend who was a year younger than me... Wait your boss can bring people back right!?"

"I'm sorry... It's only if they've recently died so if it's over a month than they are permanently dead."

"...Right... I should have known I wouldn't be so lucky." Sorry mom... Sorry Gabriel...