Chapter 14

"Would you stop pacing? You're giving me a headache." JooE complained as she watches Nancy pacing up and down her room. "I don't know what you're freaking out about, it's only Jane unnie."

"Only Jane unnie? Nancy is planning to CONFESS JooE-ah, be more considerate!"

"What's the big fuss? Just go up to her, say 'Jiyeon-ah, you're hot, I'm hot. Let's be hot together.' She'll be puddy in your hands, I guarantee you a hundred percent." Nancy and Ahin stare at JooE in disbelief as the girl happily enjoys the chips she was munching on.

"This is why you're still single." Ahin said hitting JooE in the back of her head.

"YAH! TAKE THAT BACK LEE AHIN!"

"You're seriously something else, you know that right?" Ahin said glaring at her friend. "How the hell is Nancy going to tell unnie that? Where is your head?"

"I'm just being honest!"

"No you're not! You're being stupid!" 

"Girls..."

"You can't talk to me like that!"

"Why can't you be serious?!"

"Why can't you learn how to talk to people with respect?"

"JooE... Ahin..."

"Respect? YOU'RE the one not taking this seriously! You know how terrified Nancy is!"

"This is stupid, knock it off-"

"YOU'RE the one who's taking it TOO seriously! What's the worst that could happen? Unnie says no? It won't be the end of the world."

"I think we get it-"

"WHAT'S THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN?! Oh I don't know, maybe the fact that THEIR FRIENDSHIP COULD CRUMBLE AND THEY STOP TALKING TO EACH OTHER! NEARLY 15 YEARS OF FRIENDSHIP GONE! IT CAN RUIN OUR WHOLE GROUP DYNAMIC! WE WOULD HAVE TO CHOSE SIDES! AND THEN EVERYTHING BETWEEN ALL OF US WILL BE GONE! WE'LL ALL GO OUR SEPARATE WAYS! AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON-"

"SHUT UP!" Nancy exclaimed making the two other girls jump. "Both of you aren't making this any better for me!" JooE and Ahin stopped their argurment to see how distressed the younger girl was and turned their attention to her.

"Nancy... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to joke about this." JooE said sincerely. "I just thought saying that would make you laugh and help put you at ease... I know this is serious, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have made that joke."

"No, I'm sorry Nancy, if I didn't act like how I did towards JooE, I wouldn't have said what I said to make you more stressed." Ahin said sadly.

"We really destroyed her confidence, didn't we?"

"I think we did, look at her face. She looks miserable."

"We're horrible friends. How would we do this?"

"Girls..."

"Nancy really trusted us with her secret and here we are not taking it seriously enough. What kind of friends are we?"

"Now all she's going to think about is the possibility of rejection and worse the fact that she'll lose Jane unnie and-"

"OH MY GOD! YOU'RE DOING IT AGAIN!" Nancy shakes her head in frustration.

"We're-"

"It's fine. Just stop talking." Nancy begs.

"When are you supposed to see her?"

"Tonight at 9, I'm going to go to her house and tell her my feelings." The two girls look confused. "What is it?"

"Nancy. It's 11 at night." The younger girl gasped as she looks for her phone. When she does, it shows the time 11:23 making her scream in panic.