Chapter 15

The king’s body falls to the ground and his blood spills out onto the ground. I limp over to his dead body and pull the arrow out of his head. I go to the balcony and look down at the drop, “Dammit, I can’t make that jump.” I whisper to myself as I try to find another exit. After searching for a good two minutes I hear a knock on the door.

“Sir, the princess isn’t in her room.”

“Shit.” I whisper. I have two choices, get caught or jump out the balcony. I look at the door before limping to the balcony. I sigh a little and then begin to climb out of the balcony slowly. I hang from the balcony, “Just remember what they taught you in officers’ training.” I let go of the rim and fall. Before I reach the ground I roll to the side so that my body receives little damage and I roll behind a bush. I quickly check on Steve and then limp as quickly as I can into the forest to meet my servant. I think about what happened back there as I limp, I made the ground shake. But then my aim was perfect and my senses were crazy. What’s going on with me? I see my servant from a distance and I pick up the pace a little. When he sees me he looks at my wound and points at the rock behind me. I sit and he takes out a first aid kit out of his bag.

“Tell me everything.” He says.

“I killed him. But the ground shook, my senses were heightened, and my speed was incredible. I don’t know what’s going on with me.”

He smiles as he addresses my wound, “Ah the oh so rare ability of energy.”

“What?”

“You can feel the energy in everything and you take it from the area around you. You took the speed of the bullets he shot and went faster, you took the energy of battle and it increased your accuracy, you took the energy of the Earth and shook it to throw your enemy off. You have the strongest ability.” He wraps my wound up and give me a flower, “Now take the last little bit of this wild flower’s energy to help heal your wound.”

“You’re asking me to kill this flower?”

“It’s already going to die.”

“I don’t know how to take the energy.” I stare at the flower and then he sighs.

“Concentrate, we don’t have much time and as slow as you’re moving, they’ll catch us.”

I crush the flower in my hands and I feel less pain. I drop the flower on the ground and stand up. “I can’t run much, but if I have to I will.”

He smiles, “Good, now let’s go.”

I walk next to him with my bow drawn. I give him some daggers and we continue to the ocean, “How far is it from here?”

He sighs, “It takes a day to get there by car, and at least two days to get there on foot.”

I groan, “So no breaks?”

He chuckles, “We get a break, but only a couple hours and it’ll have to be around two in the morning to make sure that the guards are sleeping when we stop and when we get up. Since your ability is energy, you should have no issue getting fully awake if you steal the energy.”

“What about you?”

“I’m trained to stay awake for days without issue.”

“Do you think we’ll run into issues out here?”

“Normally there are robbers out here, but because we don’t look like very wealthy people, they should leave us alone.” And just like we gave them some sort of cue an arrow comes out of nowhere and lands in front of my feet. “Actually, we might have an issue.”

I draw my bow and try to feel the movement in the ground. I look up in the trees and find at least eight guys holding swords and bows.

“And I thought this was going so well.” He said before they all jumped down to our level.