16: Meeting The Devil

Start from the beginning

"Yeah me too. You must be covering about the UNV programmed right.." Jayden says while pushing her a little from him.

"By the way, this is Emily Marshall.. a surgeon from a hospital in New York.." He add while pointing towards Emily.

"Emily, this is Amanda Forbes.. She's a reporter for the Cable News Network (CNN).." He add.

As soon as Jayden finish his sentence, Amanda look at Emily. "Nice to meet you Dr. Marshall.. Just call me Amanda.." She says.

Something about that doctor that make her feel uneasy. The way Jayden is looking at Emily make her insecure of her, but she try so hard not to show it. Especially in front of Emily.

"Emily, just call me Emily.." She smile.

"Nice to meet you too.." Emily add, still with a smile on her face. Jayden are just standing between the two of them in silent. The fact that Amanda came out of nowhere while he's with Emily really make him in shock.

"So, Uhm.. I think I should leave you guys alone..my team need me.." She add while looking towards the rest of the medical team that look busy taking their things from the military truck.

Just as Jayden want to say something to Emily, Amanda cut him off.

"Oh sure.." Amanda shortly reply while smiling, which Emily also smile back at her, and walk away from the two of them with Jayden's eyes not leaving her every action.

Seeing Jayden just stand there in silence watching Emily walking away really annoys her. "Is she the one???" Amanda's question make Jayden turn his head to look at her.

"She's the one that Cole was talking about right??" Amanda add again, while looking at Emily and her team from a far distance.

She must admit that Emily is quite attracting for a doctor. Did she get hired as a doctor for her beauty or what.. She thought to herself.

"Cole huh?? That brat need a scolding later on.." Jayden chuckles a little, not really paying attention to Amanda's jealousy.

"So, are both of you planning to meet, and reconcile in here??" She say while rolling her eyes.

"What plan??" Jayden let out a little chuckles.

"I don't need such thing like plan to meet her Amanda..." He add.

"Then are you telling me that this, all of this is a mere coincidence??" She reply, with her unbelief tone. Jayden just give her a shrugs.

"I know that this is not a good timing, but I need to talk to you Jay.." She says.

"Then talk.. what is it??" Jayden reply, hoping that it was not about what had happened between the two of them in the past.

"I want to explain.. Even though it's been two years, I still want you to know that what you saw back then is not what you think what it is.. I was actually,"

"Stop it." Jayden say, using his stern voice.

"Jay...." Amanda try to hold his hand, but he push her hand away slowly from his.

"STOP IT AMANDA." This time he look at her with his serious face.

"What had happened back then is not my concern right now. I've already move on from that past, and you should too.." He say. Just as Amanda want to say something to him, Amanda stop when she see a soldier is coming towards Jayden.

"Sir, Lt. General Scotts Arnold want to talk to you sir.." Says one of the soldiers from the UN Peacekeeping mission to Jayden.

"I gotta go.. I'll see you around okay.." Jayden says to Amanda, and walk away from her with that soldier following him from behind. Amanda let out a little sighs watching him from behind.

"I missed you Jay...missed you soo much that it hurts me..." She whisper to herself, with her eyes on his back. Watching him walking away from her again.

Little did she knows that Emily is actually watching her. Emily notice that longing looks on her eyes every time she looks at Jayden.

She obviously love him.. Emily thought to herself. Deep down, she felt something every time Jayden and Amanda talk to each other. A feeling that she don't want to admit. She shakes her head like telling it to stop thinking about it.

"Pull yourself together Emily.." She say to herself.

"Okay guys. Let's get moving, make sure that your personal things did not get mix with the medical things.." She add. During this programmed for one month, she really can't afford or have the luxury to think about a certain ex.. A sexy hot ex.. She thought to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After about half an hour organizing, and unpacking their thing, Emily and her team finally manage to take a rest.

"Huhh..Why is our hospital so generous by giving all this brand new equipment for this programmed..." Erica say.

"I was shock to saw all the medical equipment too.. Never thought that our hospital care so much about the UN.." Dr. Julien add.

"I was more surprise to saw Erica's things.. You all should've seen it. I swear that her things is quite a number than all of the medical equipment..." Genevie's sudden statement make the rest of the team laugh.

"Genevie, you better choose your next sentence wisely, you, Shanon, and Erica will stay at the same tent.." Dr. Finn tease Genevie while pointing towards Erica who is currently glaring at Genevie's direction.

"Oppss.." Genevie say, covering her mouth. Dr. Sophia and Dr. Lee is looking at them while shaking their heads, smiling.

Emily also join them by laughing a little watching Erica who is currently pouting. She take one of the medical team vest, and stand up from her seat to look around the camp. Since the UNV camp is on the Qalai Naeem village, she can see many locals, especially children playing near the camp.

Just as she want to approach that group of kids, someone bump into her, that cause her medical vest fell down to the ground.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry.." She say, just as she is attempting to pick up her vest, that man caught her off guard by doing it for her. He bend down a little, and pick up the vest that has a ECMC hospital logo on it.

Jayden who has been looking at Emily ever since she was laughing with her team look very serious when he see the man that is currently with Emily right now.

It's the head of the terrorist group, General Ho.