Stick The Landing

Start from the beginning

I came to for a few seconds. “Holy shit he's bleeding.” I heard Jaime say. Everything was muffled and staticy like the sound an old radio makes. “He’s cold as ice too.”

 “Shut the fuck up Jaime and help me.”

 I went out again. Got to say this darkness was kinda nice.

*** 

 I woke up to bright lights shining down on me. I squinted and put my hand up to block my eyes as the world came back into focus.

 “Kellin Quinn? That is you right?” I nodded. “I’m Dr. Carlile, you’re going to be okay. You have a slight concussion and a few bruises.”

 The doctor finally came into focus. He was tall and not going to lie very sexy. Under his scrubs you could see a ton of tattoos and there was no hiding the ones on his neck. I am for sure getting injured more often.

“Any questions?”

 I was going to come off with some smartass or flirty remark but my head hurt way too much for that.  “No,” I mumbled, trying to ignore the blistering headache that started at the back of my head.

 “Well then my advice is to stay away from strenuous activities, ice it, and take these pain killers. You’re free to go home whenever you’re ready.”

The doctor left, ignoring the wink I sent his way as Vic and Jaime entered.

 “What the hell Kellin?” Jaime said coming up to me. I was finally back in focus enough to see Vic give Jaime a look. What did I miss?

 “We found you bleeding on the walkway a few minutes away from the apartment. You’re lucky we came looking for you. We thought you would be at that Alex kid’s dorm.” He continued to go on but I blocked him out. It all came back to me. Oh God, I probably looked like such an idiot passed out on the ground like that. This is why I shouldn't be allowed out in public. “So we brought you here to the campus medical center,” Jaime finally finished, catching his breath. Vic elbowed him.

 “Are you okay?” Vic asked as I sat up on the table. I felt a little dizzy but other than that and the headache I was fine. Vic didn’t look that great though, his jaw was bruised.

 “I’m okay.” I jumped off the table and actually stuck the landing. Vic held onto my side, trying to help me keep my balance. I give myself a 10 out of 10.

"See I can be graceful."

"Come on loser."

 We walked back to Vic’s apartment. He kept his hand on my hip the whole time. Every time we would pass over some ice Jaime would jokingly say “watch out Kellin!” I rolled my eyes at him and reassured him that I was, in fact, stable and not to be a jackass because I've been known to take people down with me when I fall.

“So what happened?” Vic asked when we got back to the apartment.

“Alex kicked me out.”

 “What?!” Jaime exclaimed as he plopped on the couch.

 “Yup. He just got mad, told me to leave.” It kinda stung saying it because I'm pretty sick of people being mad or annoyed at me. I could only take so much. Vic gave me a small smile before leading me down the hall.

I set myself up in the spare bedroom, Jaime insisted on sleeping on the couch because he's a pretty cool guy and claimed that he didn't want my head to be on the hard armrest. I feel like he had a diffrent motive behind it but I was too tired to question.

I pulled an old band shirt and some baggy sweatpants out of my bag. I'm about to get all attractive up in here.

 While I was struggling to pull the damp and bloody shirt over my head I heard a knock on the door just before Vic walked in. Wow dude way to wait for the "come in".

He gave me a smile and looked me up and down taking in my probably horrible looking face and my gross hair. Please don't look at me.

 "You look hot," he whistled, winking at me. I just rolled my eyes. I usually feel hot but right now with dried blood in my hair and in my boxers with banana's on them I didn't feel so hot. Bad day.

"Get out," I whined, shooing him towards the door with my hands. He chuckled and closed the door after him.

 “Oh Kellin? I’m sorry about that I said earlier. I’m not trying to take pity on you, I just want you to be safe.” He cleared his throat. “I just really like you.” Vic said through the door. I heard him walk away after a couple of seconds.

So he likes me? Like for me? This isn't really something I'm used to but it but a content smile on my face as I drifted off.