Chapter Seven

Jesse tossed and turned trying to sleep, but her nerves were going haywire. The thought of even being that close to Charming was making her sick to her stomach. But she had compromised with Happy, she agreed to stay at his mothers while they figured everything out. She technically wouldn't be in Charming, therefore the threat would be minimal, but it did nothing to calm her growing anxiety.

She sighed as she sat up and checked on Gabby who was fast asleep. Running a hand through her hair, she stood and threw on her hoodie, heading out to the kitchen to grab a drink to see if it'd help calm her nerves. She wasn't surprised when she walked into the kitchen to see Tig sitting at the table with an open bottle.

"Couldn't sleep?" he asked as she made her way towards the table.

She shook her head and grabbed the bottle, taking a long pull from it. "I'm nervous to be there." she admitted. "Shit's got me all twisted."

Tig nodded, "Listen, I don't know what happened before you left, or why you left. But what I do know, is that none of us would ever let anything happen to you. We love ya, doll."

Jesse smiled sadly as she looked at her old friend. "I know. But there are some that I would argue felt differently." she said with a huff. "I can't explain it. If I do, they'll know I talked and it'll make shit even worse."

Tig was taken aback by her admission. "Was it someone from the club?" he asked, sitting forward, taking her hand in his.

Her eyes brimmed with tears as she looked away. "I can't Tiggy." she whispered. "I can't say anything."

He nodded, taking that as a huge red flag. His blood boiled as he thought of who it could have been. He thought back to around the time she left and who had been around then. "Was it Clay?" he asked. He felt her tense and he knew he was right. "Son of a bitch."

"Tiggy, don't. You can't say anything." she begged, "If Happy finds out or if they know I said anything, He'll die. Gabby and me, too."

He reluctantly agreed and pulled her in for a tight hug. He felt her shake as silent tears fell. "We'll figure it all out, sweetheart. Just take care of Gabby."

-

Juice and Sam had been talking most of the night and she had to admit that it felt good. She was enjoying the stories he had of Trevor. "He did that?" she laughed, looking at him in shock.

Juice grinned. "He did. Fucker was terrible for playing dirty tricks on the new guys."

She looked at him with a smile. "He ever fuck with you?" she asked.

Juice scoffed as he took a sip of his beer. "Hell yea he did." he admitted. "Was the first time going to Tacoma. I had to introduce myself to the other charters. At a party, he told me that this one chick was eyeing me. So I went for it." he began, he looked at her. "The girl was the president's daughter."

Her eyes popped out of her head before she busted out laughing. "Are you serious?"

He nodded. "Very." he laughed. "He said she liked it when guys get handsy with her. So when I walked up to her, I grabbed her ass and pulled her into me. She freaked. Lee almost killed me that night."

She finished off her beer and turned to him seriously. "You think he'd ever tell me he was a SON?" she asked,

He thought it over, choosing his words wisely. "I think he made the choice not to tell you because of the shit we were in at the time. That shit flowed through the whole club. Not just our charter." he explained. "He was a NOMAD when you met. Which means he went from charter to charter, helping with whatever was needed."