no.3 "Half-disease, half-arrogance"

TW: uh- blood and lowkey torture stuff. It isn't much but just in case-

"Let go of him."

A woman was pointing a gun to the now present figure. She was clutching onto an unconscious man in her arms, ready to shoot either of them. Whether it be the unconscious one, or the one trying to save him.

"Reveal yourself first." She said with a tone of confidence, though, the way the figure approached was making her uneasy. She could hear the soft clicks of heels against the concrete, but she could hardly see their silhouette. It was like they were invisible, blending into the dark back alley.

The girl felt a shot of warmth in her body, detecting an ability usage. She ducked her head to stare at the ground and avoid the gaze of the dark figure, who was trying to use their ability on her. She still held the gun up, but she wasn't sure if she'd ever hit a target blind.

"Hand him over and I'll let you live."

"I'll only hand him over if you quit."

"Pardon me?" The dark figure hissed, kicking the gun out of the girl's hand. She gasped and tried to move her hand to reach for the gun, but the figure stomped on her hand before she could. She yelped in pain, but the figure didn't seem to care as they slowly added pressure.

"I said- Stop. End Clairvoyance and I won't hurt him. I have all the evidence I need to ruin his life and expose him as Clairvoyance."

"And what makes you think that there isn't more than one or two of us?"

"What makes you think that the media couldn't care less. If there's one Clairvoyance found that's all they need found. Who knows? This one might even drop all your secrets since your little organization couldn't save him."

The heel that was digging into the girl's hand suddenly softened and eventually moved off. They didn't say anything, as the figure seemed to be silently considering the situation.

"Here's my offer: We both walk away from here pretending this never happened. That means I'll leave Clairvoyance, and you resign from the Clairvoyance case."

The girl seemed hesitant about the figure sticking to their side of the deal. But while the figure remained strong and mysterious, their voice seemed to show vulnerability... Honesty.

"And the boy?"

"He doesn't need to know."

. . .

There was a tense silence between the three. Atticus was staring at Reese like he just said some underlying insult (which is not what he did), Reese was smirking and Alyssa...

She looked like she was gonna bitch slap somebody in the face.

(Which is exactly what she did.)

Alyssa slapped Reese almost instantly, before shouting "What did I ever do to you?! Stop making blatant accusations about my family, you fucker! I bet you don't even know her well!"

Atticus tried to calm her down since they were literally on the street causing a scene in broad daylight, but Reese wasn't stepping down just yet despite his cheek stinging. It wasn't like she hit him that hard, it was just the shock.

"I don't know her? Dude, I wouldn't have recognized you if I didn't."

"How do you know her then?"

Reese paused, kept eye contact with Alyssa before sighing "I met her like 3- maybe 4 years ago at a bar back where I live. She told me she was just visiting a friend of hers back there. She was a crime and psychology student, though that didn't make her any less of a pain in the ass when it came to drinking. She scolded me and all that shit for being so young at some sketch ass bar."