Chapter 1 Part 1: The Beginning of the End

My name is Mitch Shima Im a 20 year old programmer and alpha tester for the game World's Odyssey i was offered this job after i turned 19 my birthday just past no to long ago i have already been in japan for a year dang time sure does fly anyway back on the topic after getting this job it all seemed to good to be true right a job handed to me because of my talent and free rent for a few months everything was going great....Until i learned it was all to good to be true it started around when World's Odyssey first started we used the Alice Engine a new Engine made by Aphesis but with that Engine i dont know the game was a difficult one to get perfect. We ran into a lot of Problems on the way but After Shina my first friend in Japan we became really close but anyway after she just disappeared the whole project stopped a year after that im 20 now and we continued most of us were worried but everyone hid it like Rin and Tokiwa i could tell deep down were worried and kept it to themselves Lydia well she was the same as normal happy go lucky pretty much but then me and Arata well it was like a stream flowing non stop we worried about her everyday how could you blame us we were both close with her and even me and him got closer we became close friends that always had each other and when shina wanted one of us to be the Lead programmer well i let Arata take it if im honest im a great programmer maybe second best but Arata he's a monster when it comes to this but anyway after a while days and weeks past after i turned 20 but then something that shocked us all Happened once i got to work that is.

Mitch opened the door to the Enigma HQ holding a coffee in hand ready to work he went up to greet everyone he could not help but feel as if today was different in one way or another but it felt positive that is until he saw what was going on 

Arata: What the hell what's this a E Mail...By shina.

Mitch: Whats up Arata whats got you troubled

Arata: Look for yourself.

Mitch looked at the Email it took his mind a few Seconds to realize that his whole world fell apart seeing A E Mail from Shina it felt as if he was punched in the Face but a boxer without his boxing Gloves.

Mitch: No No No this cant be right a E Mail as of now do me a Favor send it to me as well i need to read over it as well.

Arata: Sure but what could this mean shes alive somewhere but where.

Mitch: Well i have zero clue.

Mitch took himself to his desk as he sat down he booted up his PC he took a sip  of his coffee he put his password in as it finished booting up after what he saw almost made him spit out his coffee in disbelief not just the email but encrypted files and well one file with all caps called IRIS.

Mitch thought to himself IRIS what the hell is Iris no matter how hard he thought about it nothing came to him.

Mitch: What the hell is going on...