13 ♥ Fear or Jealousy

"Alisha! That's amazing, oh my gosh, I'm so happy for you," Niall hugged me as I told him my good news. "Who knew you could act?"

"I didn't think I could. I guess they were low on participants this year," I shrugged, leaning against the kitchen counter. Ida didn't come out tonight. I guess she needed a break, and the other boys left Niall and I alone at the apartment to grab some food. Niall rolled his eyes.

"Please. I'm sure you're better than you think you are. So, if you're Juliet who's your Romeo?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows in a joking manner. I could see he was actually slightly nervous though.

"Um..." I choked up. This was the part I dreaded. Jackson's comment about Niall being jealous echoed in the back of my mind, and I didn't want my boyfriend to be upset.

I took a deep breath and mentally prepared myself for his reaction.

"Jackson," I blurted, watching his face closely. He looked shocked for a brief moment, then almost sad.

"Wow," he breathed, chuckling humorlessly.

"What?"

"Nothing. I just see history about to repeat itself."

"What do you mean?"

"This girl that cheated on him...on both of us...she knew him through drama club. They were always cast as the leads apparently."

"And you're implying what exactly?"

"Nothing. But I know the story of Romeo and Juliet, Alisha. Love. Secrecy. I just don't like the path we're about to go down."

"Niall, Jackson and I are just friends. Besides, I'm pretty sure he's still torn up over that last girl."

"Yeah, I know he is. What a perfectly good way to get revenge on me. I know exactly what he's trying to do."

"He's not trying to do anything. I joined drama because I was caught sneaking out, not because Jackson asked me to! And he didn't have a say in whether I got the part of Juliet or not."

"Did he tell you that?"

"Niall, stop."

"Sorry if I'm a bit defensive when it comes to Jackson. I think I have a right to be."

"Yeah, well you don't need to be defensive when it comes to me."

He was silent.

"I don't like Jackson as anything more than a friend," I reminded him. "I'm with you, but if you keep acting like an untrusting baby then I'll ditch both of you."

He responded by kissing me on the lips.

"I'm sorry," he said, smiling a bit.

"I don't know, Horan," I teased. "How are you gonna make it up to me?"

He grinned, showing off that smile of his I loved, and promised he was mine for the entire evening, free to have him do whatever I please.

I didn't know how to feel about Jackson being wrong. Niall wasn't jealous. He was afraid. Afraid I would cheat on him. I couldn't determine which was worse.

AUTHORS NOTE

I didnt proof read this chapter and im tired so heres an update ily and thanks for reading you da best sorry its shit x