Chapter 6 - I Am Not Mute

        The weight of my situation only hit me after I sat down next to Naruto. I froze, and Naruto seemed to notice it too. 

        “Hey, Himitsu, are you alright? Shouldn’t you be with your team?” he asked me.

        I shook my head no. “My third team member, Takehiko, died, so now I’m on your team.”

        “Great! Now you’re on our team!” He rejoiced.

        I glared at him.

        “Oh, right. DIED? How could someone die right after they became a genin? That’s so sad!” I rolled my eyes, and placed my head in my hands. I don’t know him. It’s the Shisui situation all over again. 

        “Naruto, what are you talking about?” Sakura asked, annoyed, but you could tell that she was genuinely curious.

        “One of Himitsu’s teammates died, so now she’s on our team,” he says.

        “Okay! Wait… how do you know that?” Sakura asks, suspicious. 

        “Oh… Iruka-sensei told me!” he said, sweat dripping down his forehead. 

        “Okay…” she said, obviously still suspicious.

        “Naruto, I’ll be right back,” I whisper to him, after three hours. Sasuke was completely indifferent, not even sparing us a glance, while Sakura looked over to us, like we were a huge mystery she was just waiting to unravel.

        “Okay,” he says. 

        I walk out of the building, only to see a bunch of jōnin-sensei staring at me weirdly. 

        I ignored them completely, only to hear one talking to me.

        “Hey, you, what are you doing out of the academy?” he asked. I turned back around, only to see Asuma was the one talking to me.

        I took out one of my scrolls from my kunai pouch along with an ink set, and wrote in big, bold letters, I’M GOING TO THE SHOPS TO GET A BINGO BOOK. He nodded toward me, and I was off to the nearest ninja shop.

        I ripped off part of the scroll, so it only read BINGO BOOK. I entered the shop, hearing the miniscule “tink” that the bells made. I left the shop holding the newest edition of the bingo book. 

        I ran back to my classroom, only to have a chalkboard eraser land on my head. What? I thought, cocking my eyebrow toward Naruto. 

        “Ha ha ha! I got him!” he said, eyes closed, pointing to me. Last time I checked, I was a girl. I shook off all the chalk. “He totally fell for it! Ha ha ha!”

        “NARUTO! Look who you’re talking to! You got Himitsu!” Sakura said.

        “Huh?” he said, opening his eyes. “Oh! Sorry Himitsu! I wanted to get sensei since he’s so late!”

        I calmly walked back to my seat, and Naruto set up his trap again. 

        “Not again,” I heard Sakura said. I put my head in my hands and sighed. Sasuke didn’t say or do anything, but it was obvious he thought we were all idiots, because of his stupid superiority complex. 

        Suddenly, the door swung open, revealing a mop of grey hair. The chalkboard eraser made a very audible thump against his head, bathing his hair in it’s white powder.