Chapter 24: Done. Gone. Ended. Finished. Through.

Start from the beginning

McKenna looks at me finally and then says, “If you say so.” Then she gets up from the couch, steps over me and then walks out of the room.

What the hell am I even supposed to do in response to that? I sigh, standing up off the ground and walking out of the Television room. I walk down the hallway, heading towards Mollie’s room. She obviously told McKenna something at the party. Something McKenna evidently didn’t like. As I reach the end of the hall I knock on Mollie’s door. This is the third time I’ve ever been here in Australia to their house, which is why I know where Mollie’s room is. It’s been a while though. The last time I was here was when I was fifteen I believe.

The door opens and Mollie appears before me in her pajamas rubbing her eyes. “Yes?” I push past her, walking into her room. “Come on in.” She mutters, closing the door. “What’s up Ryder?”

           “What the hell did you tell my girlfriend?”

            “You mean McKenna?” She asks.

            “Of course I mean McKenna. She’s my girlfriend, isn’t she?”

Mollie shrugs, running her fingers through her long bleached blonde hair. “So?” I ask.

           “So what?” She replies, looking confused.

           “What’d you tell her?”

Mollie stands up and walks over to me. She’s a probably around McKenna’s high, or maybe an inch or so taller, so obviously she’s much shorter than I am. She peers up at me, putting her hands on her tiny waist. “What do you think I told her?”

        “Mollie I’m not in the mood to play. My relationship is on the line here. Now tell me.”

       “I told her the truth.” She says. She turns, walking over to her large window which has a very scenic view of a lake.

My eyes widen immediately. “The truth?” I ask nervously, staring at her back.

        “Yes the truth. The thing you wouldn’t tell her?” Mollie replies sarcastically as she looks sits down on the windowsill.

        “The truth about what?”

        “Us.”

Shit.

I close my eyes, exhaling through my nose. Well no wonder McKenna’s so pissed off at me.

        “Why would you do that Mollie?” I ask.

         “Because you wouldn’t tell her. She is your girlfriend, right? I mean she had the right to know.”

I groan, “But why did you tell her? I didn’t tell her for a reason!”

        “That reason being what? You didn’t want her to be jealous? Or what’s that word I’m looking for? Insecure.”

         “Mollie, stop. I know where you’re going with this.” I warn.

Mollie puts her hands up in surrender. “What? All I’m saying is McKenna had the right to know that you a-“

        “Shut up.”

       “What? Scared of the truth? There’s no use in denying it Ryder. It’s already happened. You can’t change the past.”

       “You had no right to tell her about that.”

       “But you didn’t tell her, and in a relationship what is there if there isn’t honesty? Nothing.”

        “You’re implausible.”