Don't Tell Me You're Sorry 'Cause You're Not

~Julia~

"Uh... oh look at the time. Gotta go, bye." I told her quickly.

"Wait!" she called after me but I was out the door before I could answer her.

~Rose~

I woke up and walked over to my closet. I decided to wear my red and white striped shirt and my purple skinny jeans. I put a braid in my hair and went out the door to the bus stop where I found Haley and Julia waiting silently.

"What's with you two?" I asked.

"I wouldn't ask Julia; she'll just keep it a secret and run off." Haley answers. I give Julia a questioning look then mouth "what happened?" She didn't respond but instead made a texting hand gesture. So I pulled out my phone and waited for an answer.

Julia: we had a mini fight last night because she took my phone and texted Matt, asking who he likes. You can figure out the rest yourself...

This was not good. She wouldn't be able to tell Haley who he likes or how she knows.

Me: You really messed this one up, didn't you? What are you going to do?

I looked up at her and then at Haley

Julia: Idk what should I do?

Me: well you can't tell her... Maybe you could make something up and I could tell her since she's obviously not talking to you um.. maybe it could be an inside joke

between you and Matt or something

Julia: Ok try and see if that works.

The bus rolled up and all three of us walked on. Haley and I sat in the back and Julia sat in the front. This was part of the plan of course. "Hey what happened between you and Julia." I asked

"She is keeping a secret from me." she said in a bitter voice.

"Well, we all have secrets." I said, even though I knew that this wouldn't appease Haley.

"Yeah, I get that. But this was about who Matt liked and you know how important that is..." she answered with dismay and trailed off, letting her words sink in.

"Oh! Wait a minute; did you steal Julia's phone and text Matt asking who he likes?" I asked, pretending I pieced the puzzle together.

"Um yeah and then he responded back 'you already know who I like.'" she says, reigning in her anger.

"Yeah, that happened to me too. It's just this inside joke between them because she's always asking and he won't tell remember?" I lie.

"Oh, I get it now ha ha. I guess I better apologize to Julia then." she says guiltily.

"Hey they're transferring a new student into our homeroom Friday." she says, more animated today now that she wasn't upset about Julia.

This got my attention. Probably some snotty rich girl who got down-graded because his dad lost his job or something. Or some girl who expects to take over the school. Either way it won't be good.

"Who? What's her name?" I inquire anxiously.

"Actually, it's a guy and his name is Ryan. I'm pretty sure that's what our homeroom teacher said." she corrected.

"Oh great, a guy. Probably a nerd." I said and we both laughed.

~Haley~

I walked over to my locker to get my books. I open my locker and guess what floats down. A letter. "NO, NO, NO! This can't happen again! No more guessing." At least I know its not Ethan. I slipped it into my pocket to open later. I wouldn't let the same thing happen. I walked to class where I saw Julia.