prologue

billy hargrove woke up with a cold-sweat, hearing the annoying constant beep of one of the many hospital machines, panicking he tried to get up, pulling out his iv and sitting up, mind racing.

he felt bandages on his torso and chest, instinctively moving his hands to them and unravelling them, a few bruises and scars here and there, looking up when he heard the door open, in walking a nurse. "what the fuck am i here for? how long have i been out?" he asks. the doctor, who's name was Alicia Reynolds, according to her name tag, responded. "Two weeks." she said, looking down with a surprised look on her face. "Not long enough for your extensive injuries to be healed so fast."

"what extensive injuries?" billy says, voice raspy. "well, you had sevral broken and cracked ribs, there were huge gashes on both your sides and chest, which all look to be healed completely. the only thing left is all the bruises." she says and he nods. the doctor soon walks in, nodding to the nurse and she leaves, as soon as the door closes he sets his clipboard down on the stand by billy's hospital bed. "the test results came in shortly before you woke up, it appears, your dna was altered quite severely, which is why you healed so fast." billy once again nods, motioning for him to go on. "there could be other differences in yourself, so i suggest being careful, other than that, you'll be ready to leave in a few days.
_______________________

as soon as he got out of the hospital he arrived home to see his car in the driveway, fixed up with all of max's friends surrounding it, them turning in surprise to see him back so soon. "how'd you get here?" max asks, and billy shrugs. "walked, the fuck are you and your friends doing this for?" he asks. "el insisted we fixed it, seeing as you saved her life." his sister answers. "the weird girl?" he asks. "yeah, her."

"tell her, er, all your dinky friends i said thanks, i guess." he says, entering the house, leaving a shocked max behind. billy?? saying thanks?? what the fuck??
_______________________

a few weeks later, billy was awoken by pounding on his door, he expected to see his shitty dad when he opened it but instead he saw dustin, steve's favorite kid, who looked really stressed. "max let me in, i need your help, im only asking you because you have a car." he says, making billy raise a brow. "what's up?" he asks. "it's steve, even more assholey angry russians kidnapped him, and robin, but you probably don't remember her." he rambles.

"shit man! coulda said that off the bat." the older mutters going to his nightstand to grab his keys, tossing them to dustin. "go start the car, ill be down after i get ready." he says, dustin nodding and going downstairs.
_______________________

after about ten minutes of billy arguing with max on why she couldn't come, billy and dustin were on they're way, did they have a plan? no. were they gonna think of one on the drive there? no. all billy was thinking about was steve, and if he was okay, god please let that idiot be okay.