It was adorable how happy she was about her party, even though I knew there was no way Eden was dressing up in a silly costume.

"Don! Noel!" Eden yelled from downstairs. "Mom said it's time for supper!" He yelled in a bad British accent, making Noel laugh.

"Come on Don, lets go eat. Don't tell mommy but...Micah cooks better than her."

I laughed. It wasn't hard to cook better than my mom, her food is..not great.

I went downstairs with Noel, and took a seat at the dinner table.

Once our entire family was settled, my mother prayed over the food and we began eating.

"Okayyyy. Any of you have anything interesting going on?" My mom said, trying to make small talk.

"My birthday is soon mommy." Noel smiled.

"I know baby. What about you Eden?"

"I got straight A's." He grinned. Anyone who knew Eden knew he was never the type to get good grades, but we also knew my mom wasn't gonna call him out in front of her boyfriend.

"Great job Eden. You Adonis? How's creative writing class?"

"Great."

"Make friends with anyone new? Tell me about your classmates."

It was clear all this chit chat was for Micah to show how great her kids are. We never talk like this. She doesn't care that much.

"My girlfriend is in my class." I said making her choke on her water.

"G-girlfriend..?"

"Yessss sir. Adonis got all the girls flocking at school, he just finally chose one." Eden boasted proudly to my mom, making her jaw drop.

That was likely his goal.

Farrah and I aren't exactly together, and she was initially gonna be a secret. But for some reason, I found it humorous to make my mom freak out at the table.

Which is wrong, and out of my character...but still funny.

"Well..I didn't know you had a girlfriend Adonis..." my mother said clearly flustered.

She's livid, I can tell.

"What's this girl like?" Micah interjected.

"She cute, real cute. She smart too. Low key got nice bod-" Eden began, before my mom stopped him.

"Eden don't you wanna let Adonis speak?"

That's a first.

"Eden described her well." I replied.

While accurate, Eden didn't describe her very well at all. But I definitely wouldn't

"Well then. That's certainly..a surprise."

After dinner, Micah left, and I went to bed.

It had been an hour since I got in bed, but despite how tired I felt...I just couldn't fall asleep.

My mind usually went to the worst places during the night, so to distract myself I grabbed my laptop off the floor and opened it.

After watching a few boring episodes of a show on Netflix, for some reason my thoughts repeatedly shifted to my brief— yet tantalizing moment with Farrah the other day. So, I switched over to a private tab.

I shamefully typed in what it was I was looking for, and pressed enter.

* THIS PAGE WAS BLOCKED BY PARENTAL CONTROLS *

WEBSITE CATEGORY: PORNOGRAPHIC

I cursed to myself, closing my laptop and setting it back on the floor next to me.

Instead, I opened the browser on my phone.

Just when I'd began typing in my search, a FaceTime call appeared.

Farrah »

"Hey Don, were you sleeping?"

After not being able to sleep, I decided to call Adonis. It had become somewhat of a routine for us.

"No, not yet."

"What you up to?"

"Huh? Uh..nothing." He said stumbling over his words a bit.

"Am I interrupting something?" I chuckled.

"No. What makes you say that??" He said somewhat nervously.

"I was just making sure, Don." I assured him.

His panic was easy to see through, but I wasn't gonna grill him about what exactly he was doing before I called.

"Hey, my parents are having a party at their restaurant tomorrow, you want to be my plus one?" I asked him.

"Uh sure, if my mom lets me. She says I can't go to big events without either her or Eden..for my safety."

"Well Eden is welcome, she.....- well I just want you there."

"I want to be there." He smiled.

"I also..really want you to meet my brother. Well..he wants to meet you. He found a condom in my room and he thought you had it." I laughed.

Adonis stayed quiet for a moment.

"Don did you..-"

"Farrah I can't even make myself lie to you. I did have the condom."

"Oh..that's okay."

"Please don't think I was trying to do something with you, Eden gave it to me..and.."

"It would be okay if you were, though Adonis. Nothing wrong with being prepared."

"But I was irresponsible to put it in my pocket. I'm sorry your brother-"

"Don it's okayyy. He's not tripping about it."

"I just would hate to get you in trouble." Adonis said, yawning.

"I know, that's very sweet of you."

He sighed, shifting in his bed.

"Hey Farrah? Could I ask you something before I go to sleep? I've been doing a lot of thinking today."

"Of course."

"Will you...be my girlfriend?"

My heart stopped. That was the last thing I expected him to say. He's usually so unsure, scared, and shy. He asked with almost no hesitation.

"Oh. Well y-yeah Adonis..I will."

"Wait really- I mean...great. I guess I'll see you tomorrow morning at school?"

"Yeah I..I'll see you tomorrow."

"I'm gonna get to sleep, good night Farrah."

"Goodnight Don."

a/n:
y'all using parental controls on your future kids' devices?

Also I talk about how Adonis is based off of person I know a lot. Are any of y'all interested in hearing about him? He's a real sweet guy lol I have a bunch of stories if y'all care to hear them

Thanks for 30k queens (and king cause according to analytics about 1% of the ppl reading this are male. So hi lol)