Drew Got the Part?!?

Percy's POV

Today the cast list is coming out. I am really excited, but also nervous. What if I get the part? What if I don't? I didn't think that I would actually get excited about it, but I really am. I don't understand why.

"Hey, Percy! The cast list is posted. Let's go see what parts everyone got!" Jason says excitedly. He is way to in to this whole 'musical thing'. I roll my eyes and begin to walk over there.

I see Annabeth putting up the list, again. It must have fallen down.

I read through the list. I spot my name first. Emmett Forest! Yes! Then I see who is playing Elle Woods.

"Drew?! Drew got the part?! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!???!!!" I yell. Some people give me strange looks. I look at Annabeth. "DO YOU SEE THIS?!? ARE YOU JUST GOING TO LET THIS HAPPEN?!?! DREW GOT THE FUCKING PART!!!!" Annabeth looks as if she's trying to hold back laughter. Does she know something I don't? I look at Jason. He's got the same look of confusion.

"Well, of course I did. I'm the only one who can sing," Drew says as she walks over to me, 'seductively'. Annabeth rolls her eyes and scoffs, but doesn't say anything.

"Aren't theatre kids mean? Do they hurt each other for parts most of the time?" Jason asks.

"Yeah? Why is her head still on her neck?" I ask.

"Don't be such an idiot. I can't hurt her in public. Then people would she, and I wouldn't get the part," Annabeth says.

"Time to put up the cast list!" Mr, Solace sings as he walks over with a piece of paper in his hands. The whole group of us looks confused, well, except Annabeth.

"What? No, it's already up," I say. Mr. Solace rolls his eyes.

"Don't you know that Annabeth always pranks the newbies with a fake list. It's been her thing since freshman year," Mr. Solace says. Once he does, Will, Rachel, and Piper come out from behind the corner laughing. Will has his phone in his hand, which makes me think he recorded it.

Shit.

"That was the best one yet! He was totally convinced!" Piper laughs.

"No, that one wasn't near as good as when she got you," Will says. Annabeth laughs.

"Nah, Will. You think that was funny, you should have seen your face when you thought you were going to kiss Rachel!" Annabeth laughs.

"Wait, what?" This must have been the first time she heard about it, too.

"Relax, RED. It was when you were still a bitch," Piper says laughing.

"So, that wasn't the real list?" I ask confused.

"Nope," Mr. Solace says, popping the p.

"Come on, Dad!" Will complains. "We need to see what parts we got!" Mr. Solace grins, and put the list up.

Drew glances at the list. "No!" she cries and runs off.

Cast List

Elle Woods- Annabeth Chase