9- Under the stars.

Everything went back to normal. Eventually, Raphael had to leave to check on Lea while I decided to go home and rest. I got a text from Max letting me know he was alive and another from Raphael telling me he was with Lea. I still felt butterflies in my stomach whenever I thought about our kiss on the bathroom and his slight touch on the dance floor when no one was watching. We stayed on his bed for hours, sleeping a failed attempt to cuddle, but I was too scared of hugging him.

When I woke up, he was watching me, with a big smile on his face that warmed up my whole body and made things to it that we had to take care of. I was taking a shower, singing to what was playing at that moment when I heard the door opening and saw him there naked, walking under the shower. Water dripping from his hair, I stood there startled facing him, both of us completely naked and wet. His happy trail molding his body, guiding my eyes to a place I shouldn't be looking at, but without even noticing I took a peek down there, he choked a laugh and when I looked up he gave me a sexy smirk, lowered his head and kissed me while water fell in between us. Dipping on our bodies, wetting them. The shower dimmed with fog, making it almost impossible to see, I just felt his touch, his kisses, his hands grabbing my hips pulling me closer. Steam coming from the water, my body left my silhouette printed on the glass door. The music and the shower drowned any sound that came from us.

On our way home was different, I felt sparks wherever he touched me and whenever he kissed me, my body shivered. He grabbed my knee and my heart jumped. He held my hand while driving, taking a peek at me as if I were to disappear without notice. It was adorable, having him there, caring for me. He dropped me at my place and gave me a quick kiss, it was afternoon, the sun was still out, he didn't refuse or complain, he just kissed me.

I was in shock, still trying to process everything when his car left my body wanting for more. My mom and sister had missed me. I even had to explain what happened last night and why hadn't I come back home. I used my safe card, too drunk, stayed at a friend's house. It always worked. I was awakened in the middle of the night by a bunch of texts from Max. Letting me know he was alive. I got up and it was past 3 am. My body told me to text him, but my heart naive told me not to. And fool of me as always listened to my heart and went back to sleep.

The next day, I was at work, rested, without a hangover, the tea my mom made for me last night before had helped me as well did the 10 hours of sleep.

At lunch. I was surprised by two smiley familiar faces and my stomach tumbled at their sight. Not from hunger but from something else I caught a glance of Raphael and Lea walking to the cafe, with paper bags on their hands. Lea waved at me and Raphael did the same, smiling at her. He then walked to the line and ordered three tropical smoothies.

"Waiting for someone else?" I asked as I took his order. "Yeah a cute boy who is supposed to join us for lunch," He said whispering I tried to hold back my smile. "Sure thing." I said as I handed him his drinks and he rubbed my knuckles.

I felt electricity running from my body, he gave me a big smile and went to the terrace table where Lea was waiting for him. My lunch was in five minutes, I took a couple of orders while trying to not focus on the two out there, waiting for me. I told myself it was a simple lunch with friends. I clocked out and walked out leaving my apron.

"Hello, you" Lea said while I kissed her on the cheek."How are you guys?" I asked both of them."Pretty good" Lea said. "Yes we are really good, we were talking about you""Yeah and Raphael suggested coming to have lunch with you, since I couldn't stop talking about you""Yeah it was either that or go with her on a shopping emergency," He said as he smiled and took a sip of his smoothie. "What are we doing this weekend?" Lea asked, looking at both of us. "I get out today at 6, then I was thinking of going to the movies or theater, wanna join?""Oh that sounds so cool, typical grandpa" Raphael mocked me. "Be nice, Raphael" Lea said laughing. "What?" I asked them, they had something between hands. "Well, I took the daring of booking a weekend for us, in a cabin in the woods." She said, making weird faces. "What do you mean, a cabin in the woods, the horror movie?" "No fool, a literal house on the woods, so we can spend the weekend there." "We?" I asked, startled. "Yes, we, you, Raphael, Max and me". "Max?" I asked, trying to hide my surprise. Remembering I haven't talked with him this whole week, I kept ignoring his messages, replying with emojis and short answers. It was the worst. I kept meeting with Raphael after work when Lea was working or they didn't have plans. That I had completely forgotten about Max. I took my phone, noticing I had a couple of texts from him, from today, asking me if it was a great idea if I was sure.