"Sit." He ordered me and disappeared into the kitchen. I obeyed because getting back up took a lot of effort and I didn't have the energy for that. I stared at all the files scattered across my coffee table. There were several documents from sell reports, business contracts, proposals, and then a name caught my eyes. There were papers on top of the one piece of paper I was interested in, the only thing I saw was Rex Luckwaldt and his picture covered by other papers on top.

My hand slowly moved towards the paper but I stopped midway and clenched my hand into a fist. This is wrong, I shouldn't be snooping on other people's things! But it is his fault to leave all his documents opened like this. I mentally slapped myself, when did I ever have an evil devil inside my head talking to me like this?! I ignored the temptation to pick up the paper and waited patiently for Aiden to return. As I waited, the piece of paper seemed to be taunting me to pick it up but thankfully Aiden returned with a tray of food.

With one hand he balanced the tray of food and the other cleared up some of the documents. He didn't care if it would mess up his documents, he gathered all the loose papers (include the one about Rex) into a file and slammed it shut. He pushed his things aside and set the tray down. My stomach growled again at the aroma of the delicious soup in front of me.

"Wow did you make this?" I asked and he nodded. I'm seriously impressed that this man could cook. I know I shouldn't judge someone but I would have expected someone to be preparing his meals for him where he didn't even need to set foot in the kitchen.

"Sorry I kind of made myself at home. Hope you don't mind me being here and using your kitchen and your table." He gestured to his piles of documents and I smiled.

"Don't worry about it." I picked up the spoon and had a spoonful of the soup. It's delicious. Heck it is probably even better than the soup I make! "Wow this is delicious, where did you learn how to cook?"

"I live by myself Rose," He sat down beside me and I felt the sofa sinking down. "I've got to know how to feed myself if I don't want to starve."

"Well I'm thoroughly impressed with you." I laughed.

"Did you doubt my cooking skills?" He asked with an arched brow and I nodded.

"Yes I was but you clearly proved me wrong." I replied, engulfing another spoonful. "When I woke up I had no appetite at all even though my stomach was yelling at me for something to eat, but this is really good Aiden." He smiled and leaned back against the sofa.

"There's seconds you know." I smiled at him, giving him my thanks before I finished my bowl, and seconds.

"Were you here the entire day?" I asked as I set my spoon down and he nodded. "Why were you here? I practically slept for the entire day, and I hate to keep you from your work."

"Luke informed me that you were very sick so I was worried. And you shouldn't worry about my job, I am the boss plus there wasn't very much work to do." I laughed.

"I wasn't very sick! I just caught a cold from sleepless nights and then falling into the pool last night didn't exactly help either. And Aiden you are a terrible liar."

"What? How am I a liar?" He was slightly offended.

"I think my coffee table would agree with me." He looked down at all his files occupying my table and he chuckled.

"They're not important, I just told Luke to bring them to kill some time while you were sleeping."

"I am so sorr-"

"Stop." He cut me off and gave me a look as if he was sick of hearing me apologize. "Don't worry about it, just say a thank you for the soup."

"Thank you." I muttered and coughed. "For everything." I added. He leaned forward and suddenly pushed his palm against my forehead. He stared intently at me before he moved away.