How do I lose weight?

A:

Before you take any measures to lose weight, you need to determine whether or not you actually need to.

Your physician should let you know if your weight is healthy for your height or not.

So, if you have had a recent visit to the doctor and they didn't mention losing weight, you should be okay.

If you haven't had a recent doctor's visit, you should try to get one.

If you can't, then you can find out if you are a healthy weight for your height with a body mass index calculator online.

BMI calculators let you know what the ideal weight for your height is.

Many of us are pretty young and our bodies are still growing, so know that if you are a few pounds over or under the ideal weight for your height, you are probably alright.

If you actually are overweight, and want to lose weight this is what you need to do first.

Make the decision to lose weight HEALTHILY.

Starving yourself, over exercising, and being too hard on yourself are not healthy.

Starving yourself can actually make you gain weight in some cases, because it messes up your metabolism.

So, make the decision not to starve, and be patient with yourself.

How to lose weight properly and healthily

1. Choose a diet that fits you and your lifestyle:

There are many good diets out there and dieting correctly can improve both your physical and mental health.

Research diets and try to pick one that is SAFE, well balanced, has proven results, and will fit your lifestyle well.

A few to look into:

The Maker's diet by Jordan Rubin

A gluten free diet

A sugar free, yeast free diet

The Keto diet

The Candida diet

If you aren't able to diet, at least, cut out yeast and sugar.

If you can't cut out anything else, eliminate those two things, as well as fast food.

Try purchasing healthier snacks to replace the ones you're used to eating with.

Make sure to drink lots of water, no matter what diet you choose.

Be sure also to take vitamins if you can.

Miracle 2000 is a very good vitamin for energy, which will help for if you choose to exercise.

2. Exercise properly

Taking long walks can be really effective for weight loss, as can jogging.

Try and ask someone you know to walk or jog with you daily, if youhave to go alone,

be sure to take mace and your phone with you; stay safe.

Find yourself a healthy and simple exercise routine then be sure to stick with it regularly.

You can find stretch, aerobic, and cardio routines all over Youtube and there are tons of apps for exercising as well.

3. Don't stuff yourself when eating and don't eat when you're bored

Try to keep yourself busy, so you won't get bored and snack.

If you do snack, make sure it is on things like celery and fruit, not potato chips or cookies.

When mealtime comes, try to eat until you're SATISFIED, but not stuffed.

Again, drink lots of water, because it helps fill you up.

4. Set realistic goals for yourself

Try to make sure your weight loss goal is the proper one for your height.

You don't need to be super thin; you just need to reach a healthy weight.

Set goals for yourself and map out your progress each day with a weight loss journal.

5. Take your time

Realize that weight loss takes time, and a little bit of progress each day is good.

Don't rush yourself; you'll get there.

Slow and steady wins the race, be patient.

6. Don't let it be your main focus in life

Don't be so focused on losing weight you miss everything else in your life.

And don't be so focused on it, you don't see what an amazing person you already are.

There is more to you than your weight and the way you look.

You're your dreams, your passions, your values and ethics, your personality, and your soul, and so much more than your exterior.

Make it a goal to love all of those things about yourself.

You can use our You go girl book for weekly challenges to start learning to love yourself.

You deserve to be happy with who you are.

Don't put your worth in your weight.

You are beautiful whether you can see or not.

~SGC