Chapter 23

1st Person POV

I opened my eyes. But the moment of did, everything was blurry. It strung. I closed my eyes, bring my arm to wipe the liquid that was on my face. Alas it was no use. I tug in my arm to feel wires latched onto it. I felt something on my mouth, ears and nose. A mask? I internally groaned. Where am I?

I used my foot, that was luckily not tied down by something. I was obviously in water but how far? I let my feet swim around until I felt something solid. Plastic? Glass? It was smooth as least. I moved around my foot in a circle. There were indeed walls. Am I in a test tube or something? If I'm, doesn't that mean I'm being testing on? I let my leg drop back beside my other foot. So I'm an experiment in a testing clambers. I sighed. Wonderful. I feel as young as that 1 dream I was in before. Does that mean—

"Is that her?" I froze in place.

"Yes, that's the girl." Was that directed for me? I heard tapping on the glass. Guess so.

"Isn't she too young to have that ability?" The 1st person continues. "5 years old? Are you lying to me?"

"No sir. She is the first experiment in this tower to have multiple abilities." The other person said. "A great talent if you ask me."

"Is that so, show me the abilities she has." There was silence. It was deafening. "How wonderful, a true genius or should I say monster?"

I heard him laugh. "Very well, we will continue to support project CLAN." Project CLAN?

"But that must not be the only reason why you brought me to meet her, correct?" The 1st person says, wanting more.

"Indeed." A 3rd person introduced themselves.

"Ah, professor Fyodor, good to see you." The 1st person said. "How's your son?" Fyodor? That Fyodor? So I—some sort of project—am somehow involves Fyodor's family? What?

There was a short intermission of laughter. "He's the same old kid you know, way back then."

There was more laughter. "I see, he's still the same brat as before. He'll grow up a fine man 1 day. It'll just take time."

"Ah yes. I forgot to ask about this girl's name?" He says quickly.

"Name?" The 2nd person said. "It's [S Name]." My spy name?

"Hey [S Name]" I groan, hearing Chuuya's voice. Ah, he interrupted my dream. I guess it was probably a revel of my real name but was subconsciously subbed in with my spy name because Chuuya was waking me up. 1st time it worked on me after hearing about it a couple of times in the past.

"What's wrong Chuuya?" I mumbled, feeling tired. I look on the clock on my desk. 2:30am. Great.

"What do you mean 'what's wrong Chuuya'. I came in when you were mumbling something in your sleep." He says with the same tired tone too. We were both being affected by the time of day. "Anyways, did you have a nightmare or something? Because your—wait."

I watch the boy reach over to the desk to the tissue box and pull 1 out. "Here, you should wipe your tears with this."

I blinked, holding the tissue in confusion. I was crying in my sleep? That's nonsense— I felt my face and indeed, there were wet mark that trailed down the sides of my face. When did this...? My face burned in red as I wiped my face. How embarrassing... "Thanks..."

Suddenly I felt his arms around me, cuddling me. My eyes widened. Huh? What? My face burned into a brighter red that I thought wouldn't be possible. "What's wrong Chuuya—"

"Just shut up..." It was silent. There was no response and I was wondering if I should continue talking or anything. Anymore of this, I would turn into a human glow stick.

"I don't know what happened in your dreams, but you got me and unfortunately Dazai to talk to it about. Don't count us out, alright?"
I could feel his hands latch onto my waist and he pulled back a little. He too was a human glow stick, facing burning bright red in the night's light.

"I—"

"Hmh-hmm," The 2 of us froze in place. I turn to face the door of my room. Standing there was Dazai, with an unhappy frown on his face. "am I interrupting something?"

"No," I said, pulling away 1st from the embrace. "but how did you get inside our dorm?"

"A magician, like myself, cannot revel their secrets~" He smiles, walking towards us.

"So that translates to you used a bobby pin and picked the lock at our door and entered in." I said, watching the boy sit on my bed.

"Perhaps~"

"I'll take that as a yes" I sigh.

I could feel his hand wrap around my waist and pull him close to him. He rests his chin on my shoulder and eyes Chuuya.

"It's not fair Chuuya get a hug, I want 1 too~" He whines, continuing to 'hug me' in this situation.

"But—" I look at Chuuya with reassuring eyes. It's fine.

"Alright, come here you big baby" I rotate myself to hug the boy. Honestly if I do this, they 2 of them would let me sleep right? Maybe if I sleep soon, I'll be able to resume that dream. Maybe.

I closed my eyes. Dazai, he feels warmer than before. Almost as warm as Chuuya. I guess he's slowly changing.