C H A P T E R 36

Three months later.

"I love you. Take care."

"I love you too." I responded, giving him a bright smile.

He blew me a flying kiss as he shut his car's door. I shut the door afterwards.

My phone rang so I picked it up.

"Hey, Nichole. Has he left?"

"Yea."

"Good. Just stay there. We'll be coming over."

"Ok." I responded smiling and ended the call.

It's Xander's birthday tomorrow and I'm very excited. It's so funny how time flies pretty quick. It's been almost a year since I met him and months have gone by since I became his wife.

Just last week, we had celebrated the new year in a grand style with our families so now, even I want to do something really special for him and on this mission, I'll be needing Agent Zac and Claire.

This relationship with Xander has taught me alot. I've realised that not just Xander, but even I had alot to change about me.

For instance, that habit of trusting people easily. It almost caused me my marriage. I'm grateful for the fact that Xander came after me. If he hadn't then, I might still be living an hell of a life, whilst still believing what I thought to be the truth.

Three months have passed by pretty quick since then and I couldn't be more grateful for the beautiful memories I was able to create with my Xander.

Everything's finally going great for me and I couldn't want any less.

*************************

"Yes. So... Zac, it's gonna be your job to bring him over." Claire affirmed.

"Yes. Yes. I know. There is no need to shout." He turned to face me. "Err... Nichole. You remember the plan,ya? You mustn't wish him at any cost."

"But why? He's gonna feel bad that I didn't wish him first." I whined.

"I know but we all have to do this. It's gonna be really worth it by the time he sees our surprise."

"I hope so." Claire replied.

"I know so." Zac retorted and she rolled her eyes.

"But.. what of the staff and others? They might wish him right?" I reasoned.

"Dont worry about that. I've informed all of them before I came over. "

"Oh! Cool." I nodded.

"So..."

"So, let's do this!"

Xander

(Next day)

"Good morning, sir."

"Morning." I responded with a small smile as I hurried towards the second floor.

The second floor is where my staff usually organize a little birthday for me. It's my birthday today but I'm not so happy because the one who I'd have loved to celebrate my birthday with first didn't even wish me. She forgot. Nichole forgot my birthday.

'But atleast I know my staff won't forget.' I guess I thought too soon as I realised that noone is paying me any attention and they're all busy with their work.

"Good morning all." I decided to make my presence known because I'm guessing they hadn't noticed my presence.

"Morning sir!" They all responded and continued working.