C H A P T E R 9

Nichole

"Dont worry, Nichole. You'll do fine. Just be natural." He said trying to calm me.

He has suprisingly been nice since we visited dad. He even called me twice last night to know if I've started packing and haven't forgotten the party.

I like this side of him, the caring and not the bossy type. I just smiled at him which he returned and I felt my heart flutter and did I forget to mention that he looks so hot in his tuxedo. Smoking!

"Mr Reynolds, who is this lady with you?"

"Is she something special?"

"Any future plans?"

"Is it true she's your personal assistant?"

"Does she fulfill your personal needs too?"

"Tell us mr Xander. Tell us. We need answers."

Several reporters threw several other offensive questions at us as we made our way towards the entrance. I really don't like this much attention but I'd have to make do, I knew what I was bargaining for when I signed the contract.

Finally, after Xander raised his voice, they all became quiet, suddenly becoming really curious.

"Yes. I'll tell you who she is. She is indeed someone special. "He said smiling down at me. I smiled back whilst looking into those eyes. My favourite pair.

" Her name is nichole. Nichole Winston. My fiancee and soon to be mrs Reynolds. She is my fiancee and we'd be getting married in a month. "

"Why haven't we heard about this before?"

"Is she truly your personal assistant."

"Are you doing this just for the contract and do you truly love her?"

When the questions died down a bit. He started speaking again.

"You haven't heard about this because I don't have to tell you about everything that goes on in my life, besides, my beautiful fiancee here doesn't like all of this public showoff, we kept our relationship a secret. And yes, she was my assistant because it was our way of being closer to each other." He said giving a very too sincere smile.

What a liar!

I just tugged on his arm tighter and gave him a tight lipped smile.

Immediately, he said those words, the faces of some women changed to 'aw' expressions especially the ladies. Some were like 'aw , we never knew you could be such a romantic' and several other comments to make his smirk go wider. He is really satisfied at the way they received his lies.

"Ok, yea.. that's it. Just take their pictures. No more questions." A bodyguard who I hadn't noticed said to those reporters.

But why are you just introducing her today on the day of the awards?

Yes, tell us Mr Xander, are you sure this isn't some business strategy?

"I only revealed this because I just proposed to her few days ago and decided it's finally time to let the public know that one of the most eligible bachelors is taken."

I took that as my cue to reveal the beautiful ring Xander had bought for me the day we went to see dad.

They immediately started taking pictures. They took few more pictures and we finally made it to the hall and I was able to breathe a sigh of relief.

Even though I didn't say much, I still had to be there to hear our characters being questioned.

"Hey, Xander. Will you introduce me to this beautiful lady or should I do it myself?" A slightly older man said beside me. He does look familiar.