C H A P T E R 14

"What the fuck, man. How could you call a woman names. That's so silly."

"What did you expect me to do, huh? Should I just watch them ruin me again? She fucking hugged him. She went out with him. He even applied sunscreen on her back so sensually as though he's her lover? The most annoying part was that she seemed like she was happy and content. It's obvious that they are in a relationship. It was their plan. " I ran a hand through my hair frustrated.

I feel angry, disappointed, frustrated, betrayed and yet..... guilty. I feel bad for questioning her character like that but I had to because I don't trust her.

I wasn't like this until lara almost ruined me. Such a bitch. I was completely in love with her. Bri and zac warned me but I wouldn't listen. I could feel that granny and dad were disappointed about my choice then but the stupid emotional and pathetic self I was, thought that maybe my love will change her. I trusted her completely.

So, seeing nichole with blayze only proved that she knows them. They've probably sent her to ruin me and I can't be fooled again. It took me so much to get my life back on track.

Zac burst out laughing.
"You sound jealous, xee? Are you beginning to fall for my sister? That aside, because you saw them together, you can't simply assume they are together. Ok, listen, think it through with a clear mind."

Zac has started to treat nichole like a sister. He was talking about some weird connection he feels with her.

"Does she seem like someone that can associate with Lara?"

Well....maybe no. But I don't trust her.

"I dont know. "

"Dont be silly, man. Answer me honestly." I could tell he was getting upset too. We've been married for only a week and are already fighting. I feel bad too. Especially when I saw her face this morning. The glow in her eyes were long gone. Her beautiful green eyes were red and swollen. She looked shaken. It seemed like that she cried all night. She even had to use shades throughout the flight back and when we got back, she just went to her room and hasn't said anything to me till now and that was when I started to regret not controlling my temper.

"Ok, fine. She doesn't seem like the type." I replied whilst gulping my wine down at once.

"Exactly. "

"For the the one week that you guys spent alone together, did she act suspicious or anything? Did you see her do anything secretive? "

No, well honestly the one week we had spent in Maldives was really one of the best I've had in a while. For once, I wasn't the Xander everyone knew. The straight faced and arrogant man. I let my hair down throughout until last night ofcourse.

I was relaxed. I was free from having to do so much work. All that is thanks to nichole ofcourse. At first, I had decided that I won't relate much with her and just let her know her place as my hired wife.

I even planned on telling her the next day that she should not act like a real wife whilst we are alone and maintain her distance from me but the next day after having breakfast, I saw how excited she was to explore Maldives, that too with me, I couldn't just bring myself to ruin her mood.

So, I just decided to have 'fun' like she called it but in all fairness, I did feel happy and I laughed alot too.

We visited so many places ;the national stadium, the mahiri resort Island and so much more.... even the mall.

Uhhh! I remember when we went to the mall, I was so bored. I mean, shopping means boredom to me. I hate shopping. When I see something I like, I just order it without bothering to check the pricetag.

"You see. You can't seem to get that sheepish grin off your face. Your expression explains it all. You enjoyed your time with her."

'Hell yes.' I wanted to say but I know him well than to put myself in a fix. He'll start to say 'Oh Xander, admit it or not, you like her.'

"Well, maybe I did." I replied shrugging like it's nothing.

He gave me a smirk " Now tell me, why did she agree to this in the first place. To be your fake wife, well hired because you truly got married. "

"For her father?"

"Right. And we both know you had that verified. He was really ill."

True. I agree... but

"Before you start to debate internally, think this through. That girl married you only for her father and has been nothing but nice and loyal to you. She spent her every time with you as though you are her lovely husband. She did everything like a real wife would do despite the fact that noone was watching you, correct?"

"Correct, but..." He's right. Nichole acted as though this is all real. I guess she tends to forget that this is all a deal afterall.

He interrupted by raising his hand up

"No buts this time around. You agreed that she fulfilled every duty of a wife despite the fact that you've been married for only a week. Just because she forgot about your dinner plans doesn't make her a whore."

I tried to utter a word but he stopped me again.

"And by the way, you got angry seeing her with blayze. Really, Xander? You've always known that blayze always does everything in his power to spite you. He will stoop to any level just to make you upset and look, he's succeeded. I can't believe you fell for his game plan."

"I......."

"Listen Xander, I know ok, I know how much Lara's betrayal shook you. I understand that you're having trust issues but that doesn't mean that you should see everyone around you as liars. Try to think about them. You've been my brother since forever and I know that you're not the type to insult respectable people and nichole, my dear friend, is a very respectable woman irrespective of the reason she married you."

He stood up and I couldn't help but ask.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm leaving. You should, too. Go and make amends to the one you've offended instead of drowning yourself in alcohol whilst wallowing in self pity." He made his way towards the exit but stopped and looked at me.

"Just remember that not every relationship should be treated like a deal. If not anything, you could be friends. Think about it. " He gave me a small smile. "I love you, man. Take care." He said whilst patting my back.

This brought a smile to my face. I've always known that zach's got a softer heart but I never knew he could be so sentimental. It feels weird having my buff give me relationship advice. I chuckled and he smiled back before finally leaving through the doors.

I collapsed back on the chair. Well, Xander. You've got a lot of thinking to do.

Love,
Fateehat💛

04-05-2019💞