Chapter 7 | Where Were You?!

Start from the beginning

      It didn't take him that long to make it Marinette's house. When he was there he rang the doorbell and waited patiently. The door opened and Luka was met with Marinette's father. Luka gulped in intimidation.

      "Good afternoon, you must be Luka." Marinette's father then held out his hand for Luka to shake.

      "I'm Mr. Dupain." He said with a gleeful tone. Luka then returned the handshake with a small smile. 

Luka was then invited in to talk with Mr. Dupain. He was nervous. After all, he wanted to make a good impression.

      "So, what are you and Marinette going to do today?" Mr. Dupain asked.

      "Oh, we're just going to the park. I asked her to help me write a song."

      "Oh, so you make music?"

      "Yes. I'm the leader of the band Kitty Section."

      "Isn't that the band that got their work stolen by Bob Roth?" Mr. Dupain asked.

Luka's face hardened remembering the day. The then chewed the side of his cheek while nodding his head in response. Mr. Dupain then smiled at him.

      "Well at least everything was solved in the end, right?" Mr. Dupain asked in attempts to lighten the mood. Luka looked up, smiled, and nodded.

Eventually, Marinette came down from her room. She was still placing her hair in her normal pigtails. When she saw Luka she smiled. Luka smiled back and stood up to meet Marinette.

      "You two have fun today." Mr. Dupain smiled and sent them on their way. Marinette said goodbye to her dad and walked out the door with Luka.

      "So, what sort of song were you wanting to write?" Marinette asked in curiosity. The two were now sitting down on a park bench.

Luka looked at her with a straight line face. He couldn't say what he wanted to write about because that would expose him then and there. He then started to think of what to say, but nothing came up. He thought he was done for until Marinette got a notification on her phone. 

      "Oh, wow!" Marinette said in awe.

Luka looked over at Marinette.

      "There's a new superhero!" Marinette showed a photo of Viperion that was posted on the LadyBlog. Of course, Marinette knew that Luka was Viperion, she was the one who gave him the miraculous after all. She just wanted to tease Luka a little. And boy, did it work. Luka started to sweat.

      "Wow, w-what's his name?" Luka said trying to play it cool.

Marinette smiled.

      "Viperion. Wow, he can travel back in time AND he can hypnotize his opponent. That's pretty cool." Marinette kept complimenting Viperion and Luka kept getting flustered. Marinette just wanted to drive Luka over the edge, so she started commenting on Viperion's appearance.

      "Alya got a really good picture of him. I honestly don't know how she does it. I mean, look at this!" Marinette then showed Luka the picture that Alya took. Luka got immediately flustered.

      "How did she take that?!" Luka thought to himself

Luka's flustering moment was soon at an end when the park's Merry Go Round fell in between the two friends. Luka landed fine, but when he looked up to see if Marinette was fine he saw her running the other direction. Luka tried calling out for Marinette but his voice was drowned out by the sound of thousands of pigeon wings flapping at the same time. He looked up to see Mr. Pigeon attacking the park officers once again. He then ran in the direction Marinette went in attempts to find her but found nothing. He then turned around to see Ladybug and Cat Noir defeating Mr. Pigeon with ease. When the fight was over and everything was returned to normal Luka called Marinette to make sure she was okay. He was then left to voice mail. Luka began to worry more and more for the bluenette until he saw her coming back to the park looking for him. Luka immediately ran up to Marinette and hugged her tight. Marinette was surprised but before she could hug Luka back he put her down and looked her straight in the eyes with a displeased face.

      "Marinette, what were you thinking?!" Luka scolded her. Marinette was still confused to the point where she was speechless.

      "You ran off on your own during an attack. What were you thinking?! Marinette really, where were you?!"

Marinette then started to think about the fight she had with Mr. Pigeon. She couldn't tell Luka that she was Ladybug. The one who was in the fight. It was for his safety.

Marinette still couldn't answer Luka. She was waiting for him to scold her more, but instead, she got another tight hug.

      "I'm just glad you're okay. Don't scare me like that again, yeah?" Luka said as he nuzzled close into Marinette's neck. Marinette blushed at the feeling, but she eventually got used to it and hugged the guitarist back, returning the nuzzling action.

      As the day ended Luka managed to write down more lyrics with the help of Marinette. After Luka dropped off Marinette he skateboarded home deep in his thoughts.

      "Where did Marinette go? Why didn't she tell me where she went?"

Luka then brushed off the thoughts.

      "At least she's safe. That's all that matters."

Total words used: 1517

This is the pic that inspired me to make this chapter

Props to the person who made the comic.