Chapter Three: Previous Victims

Carisi was sat up in bed. he couldn't sleep and had a lot on his mind. He looked over at Steffi who was sleeping. He smiled, this was the first time in weeks that they had shared their bed together with their shifts being so backwards. He stroked the side of her face. Is moving really the best option? He started doubting weather he was doing this for his family or for him.

All they could do now was start digging into William Lewis's personal life. Olivia was sat in her office going through her phone. Scrolling through the news articles about them finding Miss Parker she sighed, still frustrated about how this happened under their watch. Someone knocked at the door. She looked up and saw Casey and signalled for her to come in. Casey walked in the office with a newspaper in her hand she threw it onto Olivia's desk. "How did this happen?" She asked as she sat down. Olivia took the paper and unfolded it to read the headline. "I honestly don't know" Casey sighed. "And your sure its this William Lewis?" Olivia put the paper down and took off her glasses. "She was the only witness to him flashing the two girls, one of the pictures Miss Parker took of him was found where he had left Miss Parker, so yes I am sure it was him" Casey rubbed her forehead when Carisi came into the office. "Carisi, what happened to knocking?...." "Sorry Lieutenant...." "What is it? have you found Lewis?" Carisi looked over at Casey then back at Olivia. "No we haven't but we may have just found out who  this guy really is" Olivia and Casey looked at each other and then followed Carisi to the squadroom. 

Amanda and Elliot were at their desks. Fin had just come in and Steffi was getting a hot chocolate. "So what's going on, Rollins called saying we may have a lead in the flasher case?" Fin asked as he sat at his desk. "Just what we were about to find out" Olivia said. Carisi went up to the monitor. "William Lewis, actually born Lewis Williams, was born in Harlan County, Kentucky August 23rd 1978..." Carisi looked back up at Olivia as he was dreading what he was about to say next. Up on the screen was a picture of a women and her daughter. ".....In 1998, he abducted and raped the mother of his girlfriend when she tried to break them up. Though Lewis was caught, the DA was unwilling to put the victim on the stand to testify, as she was a junkie, and the charges were dropped" Everyone was silent and Carisi carried on. "In 2003, Lewis kidnapped two roommates in Alabama, and he raped and tortured them for three straight days in a fishing cabin. They managed to escape and reported him to police, but Lewis avoided prosecution again because both victims were too traumatized to testify in open court, so his lawyer got him off. His name was misspelled on the paperwork as "Louis Williams", so the record failed to follow him. This is what cops believe gave Lewis the idea of using aliases that sounded similar, to confuse police records that would mistake it for simple spelling errors" Olivia walked up to where Carisi was looking at everything he had just explained. "How did you get all this information?" Fin asked now sitting up in his chair. "I've got a buddy up at Queens SVU, they've been trying to get this guy for years" Elliot suddenly pops up from his chair. "Did your buddy at queens SVU ever print the guy?" Carisi looked back at the information he had, "Nah, he said that his finger tips were literally burnt off" Olivia and Elliot looked at each other. Amanda suddenly realising what Elliot was getting at joined him and Olivia. "That would explain why there were no finger prints apart from Miss Parker's" Olivia let out a frustrated sigh. "Well surely we can't let him get away with this one? He tortured Miss Parker for 18 hours before he raping her!" Steffi stated. "babe we need something that will Stick" Carisi told her. "Carisi is right Steffi without something circumstantial I cant make a case" Casey regrettably told Steffi. "Well we have Miss Parker? She could testify she knows who did this to her?" Steffi asked Casey who looked over at Olivia. "Steffi is right.....""Not to mention it's hardly a coincidence that we found the photo of him flashing girls in the park, near to where Miss Parker was found" explained Fin. Casey looked at her watch then at Olivia. "Liv do you know where this guy lives?" "Now that was one thing in the file that my buddy was able to put in, at the time of these rapes the only person who could account for his whereabouts was one of his housemates Hose who lives in a half way house, downtown" Just then the phone on Steffi's desk rang Amanda answered it. "Detective Rollins" she suddenly frowned. "O-okay thanks" She put the phone down. Everyone looked at her. "Urmm Miss Parker suffered a heart attack about 10 minutes ago....and she died" Everyone stood in silence. Steffi shaking her head. Elliot banged his chair against his desk. "Fuck this shit!" Steffi ran to her desk and grabbed her jacket. "Do you have the address of the half way house?" Carisi wrote it down for her. Olivia stood in front of her. "Where the hell you think your going?" Steffi looked up at Olivia and then pushed past her. "Getting this bastard mum" and with that she began walking out the squad room with Fin and Amanda following behind.