Ch. 291 and Ch. 292

Start from the beginning

When the two ladies finally returned to the parlour, even Senior Servant Lan was stunned still.

The young ladies were now wearing two dresses of the same style, one red and one blue. Their hair was put up in the same hairstyles and they had the exact same items all the way down to their accessories. When they held hands and stood before Princess Wei, they looked like real sisters.

The impact they gave the onlookers was even greater than before.

Chu Lian felt a little awkward. She had the strange feeling that Princess Wei's gaze was rather heavy with emotion while looking at her, as if she were not merely her daughter's friend.

Senior Servant Lan's eyes misted over with unshed tears.

Royal Princess Duanjia tugged Chu Lian into spinning around on the spot to show off their dresses before she beamed at Princess Wei and asked, "Mother, don't we look pretty?"

Princess Wei gripped the handkerchief in her hands tightly, restraining the dam of emotions about to break within her. She nodded hurriedly and said, "Yes, of course!"

Royal Princess Duanjia walked up to Princess Wei, hand in hand with Chu Lian. She turned to Chu Lian with a mischievous air and said, "See, Chu Liu, I told you that these dresses were pretty!"

She glanced over Chu Lian from head to toe before wrinkling her nose in dissatisfaction. "You're so beautiful! You're wasted on that brat He Sanlang."

When Princess Wei noticed that her daughter's mouth was running out of control again, she quickly reached out and tugged on her arm. "Duanjia! What are you saying! He Sanlang was personally named Marquis Anyuan by the Emperor!"

Royal Princess Duanjia rolled her eyes. "So what if he's a marquis now? He wasn't able to protect Chu Liu anyway! She got injured out there in the north and she suffered so much."

Princess Wei did agree on that point. She thought privately that He Changdi hadn't taken good care of Chu Lian.

The bodyguard siblings, Li Xing and Li Yue, had served Chu Lian throughout the whole journey to the north, so Princess Wei knew all the details of what had happened there.

It was at this time that Chu Lian spoke up. "Husband came to the estate today and he was invited to the study by Royal Prince."

When she heard Chu Lian's words, Royal Princess Duanjia looked like she was gloating at someone's misfortune. "Chu Liu, did you say that my second brother invited He Sanlang to the study?"

Chu Lian nodded, not quite understanding why Royal Princess Duanjia looked so excited.

"Haha! That He Sanlang deserves it! Second Brother loves to play pranks on others!"

Ah?

Lu Tai liked to play pranks?

What a strange pair of siblings! Chu Lian was at a loss for words and she started to worry a little for He Changdi.

Her lunatic husband wouldn't be so silly as to fall for someone else's prank, would he?

Once Royal Princess Duanjia finished speaking, Princess Wei shot her a glare and took Chu Lian's hand to reassure her. "Don't worry, although Tai'er is a little mischievous, he's not malicious. Marquis Anyuan will be fine."

Although that was what Princess Wei was saying, she hoped inwardly that her youngest son could teach He Sanlang a lesson and make him understand his role. Even though Chu Lian's maiden family couldn't be counted on, she still had Princess Wei to stand up for her!

The topic was glossed over just like that. Royal Princess Duanjia was all smiles as she sidled up to Chu Lian and said, "Chu Liu, didn't you say you brought something new to eat? Why haven't you taken it out yet?"