She shrugged, turning back around to look at the TV. "It's not early." She said simply.

"Where is everyone?" Clary asked.

Tessa slid her gaze to Clary slowly, frowning at her. "I actually don't know- probably went to town early this morning." She shrugged.

Clary's brows furrowed, Did they really leave without her?

She shook her head, making the thoughts disappear. Of course they would, it's not your holiday, Clary. It's theirs.

She got up from the couch, not liking the sliver of disappointment that seemed to follow her everywhere she went.

                     *                   *                  *

Jace woke up, looking around blearily as last nights events flooded back into his mind.

His heart dropped, groaning as he sat up and fisted his hands through his hair.

He had slept in quite a bit and couldn't hear any commotion downstairs, signalling the absence of his friends in the house.

He stood up, quickly getting dressed before striding out of his room.

He bumped into someone, letting out a slight 'oomph' as they stumbled away from him. He quickly grasped their elbow, steadying them as he looked into their eyes.

His pulse quickened as he stared at Clary, giving her a small smile as he let go of her elbow, hand instantly feeling cold as he did so.

She returned the gesture, rocking back on her heels awkwardly.

"Hi." He said, giving her a small smile.

She blushed, biting her lip. "Hi." She whispered back, hugging herself with her arms.

Jace stared at her, longer than a normal person would have which Clary didn't seem to notice, too busy doing the same thing in return.

Clary dropped her gaze to the floor, stepping away before smiling back up at him again. "How are you feeling?" She asked, scanning him quickly.

He grinned at her, tilting his head as he pretended to think about it, drawing out his answer. "Better after my visit with Doctor Clary." He teased, causing her to roll her eyes.

"Ha ha. Very funny, genius. How are you actually feeling?" She prodded, narrowing her eyes at him playfully.

Jace chuckled, "I'm okay, honestly. Thanks Clary." He said sincerely. Clary nodded, biting her lip.

A silence dawned on them, and Clary shuffled on her feet, desperately trying to think of something to say, yet nothing seemed to come out.

Jace sighed, looking like he was having a mental battle with himself before he gazed intensely at Clary once more.

"Do you want to go somewhere? With me?" He asked, his tone serious.

Clary's eyes widened, a blush flooding her cheeks. "W-What?" She stuttered.

Jace grinned, "You heard me. Let's go somewhere."