5K 243 101

| E X P E C T  T H E 
U N E X P E C T E D |
• • •
0 . 5

     Brooks' mother wouldn't stop going on and on about a town's ball that would be happening only a few weeks from the beginning of summer

     Brooks' mother wouldn't stop going on and on about a town's ball that would be happening only a few weeks from the beginning of summer. Meaning, Helena Sutton would do anything in her power to convince her son to be Rosetta Fitzgerald's date to the annual ball.

     She'd tried last year, but Brooks had refused, only to be pressured into doing it by his father, would dared to call his only son a flower, just because he didn't feel comfortable courting Rosetta.

     But this year, he glared at his mother and father, being close to tears at irritated building. "I said, no, mother. Rosetta has a horrid personality, and is dating Tatum Wade."

     Helena scoffed, "she's done with that fool, now it's your turn."

     "My turn? Are you kidding? She's not an object to pass around, and the only reason she's done with that fool, is because her parents are just like you and father, overbearing and judgmental!"

     With that, Brooks stands from the dining table, and darts up the circular staircase, Charles' booming voice shouting after him.

     "Don't you walk away, Brooks! We do this for your own good! Everyone in town thinks your a homosexual. Do you have any idea what that kind of trauma that can do to the firm? The family firm that you one day, are destined to run!" Charles bellows.

     But Brooks ignores him, slamming his bedroom door shut in irritation, as the raging tears fall down his face.

     And it was only then, that his erratic need to break free of both Helena and Charles' hold became even greater.

Blake ran, and ran, Jeff Tomkins right beside him, the two of them panting out their every breath. The moment was perfect, and was something that the two of them hadn't gotten into since the early year practices during their senior year.

Jeff paused the machine in the air-conditioned glassy room, fully turning to a non-pausing Blake. Jeff planted a hand on Blake's sticky shoulder, Blake not bothering to slow down.

"Dude, we've been running for the past hour and a half, I'm done." Jeff jumps from the machine, groaning at the soreness pulsing through his legs.

Blake also pauses, his lips stretching into a tight, yet exhausted grin. "You fucking wimp. What, Meg wearing you out?" Blake teases.

Jeff groans, leaving the used towel lingering from his nose, lying on his face, "she's so fucking annoying, dude. It's like, one minute she's all over me, then, apparently, I make out with another girl and all of a sudden, I'm the devil. It's a never-ending cycle of bullshit."

"Ain't that the truth?" Blake whistled.

     "I've gotta get going, man. Before Meg revokes my privileges again." Jeff smirks as he says this, his arm leaning against his previously on treadmill.

     Blake laughs aloud, throwing his head back, as he takes a short sip from his water bottle. "I swear, you guys are kinky as hell."

     "You know it," Jeff chuckles, tossing his duffel bag around his shoulder, cellphone in hand as he answers one of Meg's many, many calls.

     "Hey, babe—yeah, I was working out with Blake. No, I swear I was with Blake, do you wanna talk to him, because I'll put him on . . ." Jeff's voice departs as he round the sharp corner of the gym, him exiting through the front door.

     Blake chuckles to himself once more, swearing to himself beneath his breath, that he'd never put himself into such an unfaithful, and disrespectful relationship. Sure, Jeff seemed content with it, but the two of them slept with other people all the time.

     And whenever he or Meg called it an open relationship, Blake couldn't help but roll his eyes. In his eyes, cheating was cheating, and them putting a label on it didn't make it any better.