Prolouge

(Alfred(America)'s POV)

Date: 08/25/2015

Dear diary,

I met him in first grade when he moved to America from Russia. He was cute in a childish way. We all knew he was going to be an alpha. He was strong, protective, and smart. The first day he came he saved me from a bully. What I didn't know was that he would be my mate one day. Years past and we were Juniors in Hetalia High school. I turned out to be an omega. I had heats like any other. Ivan gave me some of his clothes for my heats. His scent is calming. I have a crush on him. I know I do, but I don't know how to tell him. I'm scared he will reject me.

Signed with love, Alfred.

Date:  08/31/2015

Dear Diary, 

His name is Ivan Braginski, and he is more important than anyone to me, even my older brother Matthew. He was my first and only crush and my best friend. He means more to me than anything in this world. I'm an omega and I have learned to accept that about myself and Ivan is an alpha and he has protected me since we met in  first grade and he was even more protective since I presented. I love him so much, but when I tell him that he thinks I mean as a friend or as family, but I don't. 

Signed with Love, Alfred. 

Date 05/25/2016

Dear Diary,

I just got accepted into Harvard and  I am so excited and I am also sad. I have to leave my tiny little home town and everyone I love here. Including Ivan, but he is going to back to Russia for two years to be with extended family. We video chat every day and we laugh and cry and just be together. I still haven't told him of my feelings and I doubt I ever will. 

Signed with Love, Alfred.

Date 06/12/2018

Dear Diary, 

I am coming back to my tiny hometown for a well deserved summer vacation, and GUESS WHAT, Ivan's coming home from Russia for the first time in over two years IN TWO DAYS. I am SO EXCITED. Mattie is going to pick him up from the airport and he's gonna stay with us. God, I can't wait to see him and hug him for the first time in over two years. We've kept in touch of course, but it's not the same as being wrapped in Ivan's embrace and hearing him say how much he's missed me. God I grow more in love with this teddy bear of a man more and more with each passing day, not that I'd ever actually tell him that I like him. No that would be absolutely absurd. That would ruin everything we have going on with our friendship. I can deal with us just being friends and bottling up the feelings that I have. 

Signed with Love, Alfred. 

Date: 06/14/2018

I can not in fact deal with the fact that we are just friends. I am in fact freaking out as Mattie is leaving to go get Ivan. I am freaking the fuck out and I can not deal with this anxiety. 

Freaking out Currently. Alfred.