Chapter 3~ Relocation

A/N~ So, this took me awhile to post because I couldn't figure out how I was going to have Kaidan and Zerdali meet and kept changing it until I got this. A lot of information about transgenetics is thrown into this in the conversation between Kaidan and Gemma. I'll create a chapter explaining the customs and behaviors of the transgenetics as well as the different Gene X groups. Also the meaning of scents to them.

"Мне жаль. Если бы я знал-" says Alister when he takes in my appearance. "Ты все равно сделал бы это как хороший солдат." I repy cutting him off. He sighs before motioning for us to leave. He leads us to an old model truck and opens the door for me. I hesitate looking from him to the truck. I didn't trust him. He had turned his back on me. Though afraid that he would yell at me I comply and get into the truck. Sitting next to him I was aware of how I looked. Anytime I could bathe I was beaten in the baths and I only had the clothes Gemma gave me to wear. I knew I smelled and that I need clean clothes. I take a deep breath inhaling the same calming scent that clung to Alister's own scent. I couldn't discern any of the individual scents other than it was a mix of spicy and eathy scents with a hint of musk and something sweet. It most likely belonged to a male.I felt a sense of dread the further we got from the orphanage, from my pack. I wondered if James had already contacted the others or if he knew I had no means of contacting him if I was in trouble. I didn't have an omni-tool and had no knowledge on how to use one. Hell, I didn't know how to operate half the shit we had especially tech wise. I lay my head against the window and watch as the bustling streets of vancover change to swathes of forest and fields. I don't realize I have past out until I feel a pair of arms wrap around me. 

I inhale sharply finding that I can easily discern the scents that clung to Alister. The earthy scents were rosewood, white pine, and a hint of sandalwood and evergreen. The spicy scents were patchouli and cardamon. The musk identified the scent belonged to a male and the hint of something sweet was maple. I could also smell ezo. They were a biotic. I could feel his biotics buzzing slightly, though unruly they were comforting like Ivan's. If his scent was only sandalwood, cardamon and musk then I would believe it. His scent was complex and I find myself nuzzling closer to the person. Rosewood, patchouli and maple were the predominant scents that clung to him. I'm too exhausted to open my eyes and in pain to protest. I hear mumbling and then I feel myself be moved before the heady and warm scent floods my senses stronger. They must have pushed my head into the crook of their neck where their scents the strongest. I hiss lowly when they start walking my ribs and broken shoulder barking in protest. They stop before I feel a dark energy field surround me and I feel weightless. I start to panic until I realize that he was trying to ease my discomfort. Though, I miss his scent immediately. I feel my body be layed on something soft and the dark energy recedes leaving me cold. I smell the male's scent again but this time fainter as though its clung to some type of fabric. I once again here the murmurs of people talking but I allow myself to relax and fall further into unconsciousness.

{So, pretty much her body and mind decided that she was safe to sleep. Plus, the scent and biotics of the male or rather Kaidan has a calming effect on her. This will be elaborated on later. Most likely in the ME 3 portion of the book/series}

Kaidan's pov~

I had decided to pay a visit to my mother figuring my dad was still on duty. "Ma?" I call out into the foyer and hear a muffled response from my mother. I make my way to the kitchen to find my mother cleaning. "What's wrong?" I ask noting that she was stress cleaning. "A girl is going to be staying with us for a little while until her father can get to her."she says scrubbing at the already pristine stove. "If that's all then why are you stressing?" I ask her confused. "She's a transgenetic and a biotic. I'm worried on the state of her condition when she gets here. Alister dropped her off at a Vancouver orphanage at the Alliance's orders. You've seen first hand how they treat biotics. Its 10 times worse for trangenetics." she says turning towards me. "My father did what?" I ask in calm outrage. He should have known what it was like for biotics. Hell, he had seen how we were treated in BAat and how I was treated after and according to my mother it was going to be 10 times worse. "I think I still have some medical supplies in the spare office. Do you mind getting them for me? I want to be prepared." she asks and I nod.I make my way out of the kitchen and up the stairs to the spare office. I see her medical kit from when she was working for the Alliance in the genetic division and grab it. I wasn't sure how good this stuff would work being roughly 20 years old but it would have to do for now. "Here, though do you know what she is?" I ask referring to her genetic make-up. "All I know form her age and biotics is that she's in the Gene X-5 group." she tells me and I nod. "She had completely human features except when Alister pulled me from her. I was allowing her to scent me. She most likely has either Turian, Drell, or Krogan DNA. She could have all three but without seeing her file I wouldn't know. Most GX-5's were crossbreeds of most if not all the species to some extent." she tells me and I nod. "If she has human features than how did you know she was a trangenetic?" I ask intrigued. My mom's work had always fascinated me although a cruel program. I was around 13 when news spread of a riot on Algentix-Ceres Space Station. It told of some of the horrors the kids went through. Though what was released was already happening at BAat so, I didn't pay any mind to it. It was years later that I learned from my mother that it was way worse for them than at jump zero.