Chapter Two: Alien Invasion

Word Count: 1042

Warnings: Action, Death, somewhat description of a dead body. (sorry I don't really know if these need warnings, but I don't want anyone to be upset!)

The next morning I was woken up by a faint buzzing sound. Not my phone alarm. Weird? I slowly rolled over and grabbed my phone. 4 missed calls from Peter, and a ton of texts asking where I was. I typed in the password to see that my alarm didn't go off, I slept in! Oh shit!

I ran to the washroom, I had no time to shower, but that's okay I had one yesterday anyways. I quickly did my hair and makeup, brushed my teeth, and got dressed. I put on a pair of dark mom jeans and put on a simple patterned crop top. I put on my checkered vans and went back to my room. I checked the clock and knew I'd missed the bus. I went downstairs to see my mom in the kitchen pouring coffee in a travel mug. 

"Mom, my alarm didn't go off! Can you drive me to school please?"

"Of course, I was just about to leave, and you're on my way anyway," she answered with a smile. My mom and I always got along well, even if I didn't have the best life growing up, my mom was always there for me and tried to spoil me as much as she could on minimum wage. 

I walked over to the counter, grabbed the bag of food that I packed yesterday, and a muffin for breakfast. Then left. When I got into the car Peter called me for the 5th time.

"Hello?"

"Y/N! What the hell! I was so worried something happened to you!" he said, he almost sounded heartbroken or at the very least panicked. 

"I just overslept, why would you think something happened to me?" I laughed. 

"Ah, no reason!"

"Uhh... Anyways my mom is just driving me to school now."

"Everyone's already on the bus, they assumed you weren't coming anymore so we're pulling out of the parking lot now."

"Oh. Okay, I'll meet you there then."

"See you soon Y/N." he finished as we both hung up. I reached over and turned on the radio to break the silence, my mom and I have the same taste so she didn't argue. Havana was the first song that played.  

Play the song here if you want! (It doesn't affect the story or play for very long I just wanted to add it for fun.)

"So Y/N, how are you and Peter?" my mom asked. 

"Mooooommm."

"What? You guys kissed multiple times before you left and you expect me to believe that there is nothing there anymore?" 

"Mom, you know that he dated Liz. I don't think he likes me anymore if he did he wouldn't have dated her."

"But do you like him still?" 

"Oh, course I do!" I whined. "I wish I didn't but I do. Besides he's clearly hiding something from me." 

"Yeah that he likes you." 

"Mom can we not talk about this. I'm sorry I just. I just don't wanna think about it anymore, if he still likes me he will make it up to me."

"Fine, but..."

"MOM!"

"Fine, sorry."

"I love you." I laughed.

"I love you too sweetheart."

Then we both joined together and sang the rest of the song.

~~ Stop the song if it's not done. (it would ruin the mood for the next part) ~~

My mom and I were about halfway there, in the middle of the city, when we saw civilians running around everywhere. Papers flying, people screaming, absolute chaos everywhere. I looked up the road in front of us and saw a huge circular ship spinning in circles. 

"Mom, turn around! Mom stop the car!" I screamed as the car started levitating. My mother turned to me grabbing my hand with fear in her eyes.

"Y/N, I love you so much, it's gonna be okay." the car then crashed back into the ground, all the glass around us shattered causing the airbags to go off. All I could hear was a ringing in my ears and my vision was slightly blurred. We both had cuts everywhere, and I had a huge gash in my thigh.

I looked outside of the car to see Tony Stark, and 3 other people walk quickly towards the ship. One of them looked like Bruce Banner, he wasn't found yet, was he? When they got close, too large aliens emerged from the ship. Tony suited up, and they all fought super hard, they all led the one away but the other stayed. 

My mother and I were trying to hide but it was very difficult because my leg was stuck. He looked in our direction and saw us struggling. My leg finally became unstuck, so I got out as fast as possible, I shouted at my mom to do the same but it was too late. He gestured his hand up raising the car into the air, sending it crashing into the wall beside it.

I ran over as fast as I could to help my mom but it was too late. I looked inside in horror to see her stabbed through the chest with a huge piece of glass. All the light had drained from her face and blood was dripping from her nose. 

"MOM? MOM wake up! Come on!" This can't be happening. "Mommy please." Then I fell to the ground in grief bawling, a cold sensation went throughout my entire body. I looked around to see ice all around me, my hands with glistening snow crystals all around them. Before I could think, I stood up, creating a blade of ice, and shot the alien through the heart. I looked down where the gash on my leg was, but it was gone. When I realized what was happening everything went black, the last thing I remember was feeling like my entire body had turned to ice and the cold feeling of the glassy pavement underneath me. 

•Thanks for reading and don't forget to comment and vote! I don't know if anyone has even read this but thank you for 50 reads!•