1

You walked down the stairs on your way to U.A. The school was forty-five minutes away by train so you had to be up early. You passed your sleeping mother on the couch. The sound of her oxygen machine made you shudder as you grabbed an apple from the bowl of fruit on the dining room table. You walked out the door silently and locked it behind you as you made your way to the train station.

     You ate your apple and conveniently finished as you arrived at the train station. You threw the core away in a trash can and sat down at a bench to wait for your train. As you waited you pulled out your phone and connected your earbuds and put on your usual playlist. After a couple of songs your train pulled up, you boarded the train. With it being so early most of the seats were open. You continued to listen to your music and just zoned out. You didn't notice how full the train was getting until someone sat next to you and huffed in a way.

     You casually glanced up at whoever took the seat next to you. Your (e/c) eyes met with a pair of tired purple ones. The boy, no older than you, looked away after maintaining eye contact for a few seconds. You continued to stare. Staring was a serious problem you had, for some reason you just couldn't help it.

     "Something on my face?" A deep voice interrupted your staring.

     "Huh? Oh! Um..uh..n-no sorry!!" You said nervously, you felt your heart race and your cheeks flush as you quickly averted your eyes.

     You sat and fidgeted while trying your best to withhold from holding a conversation with the tired looking purple haired stranger next to you. Alas, you couldn't contain yourself and turned yourself in your seat to face him.

     "How're you?" You asked, flashing a cheery smile.

     "Fine, thanks." He replied bluntly.

     "I'm Y/n L/n, nice to meet you!" You stuck your hand out awkwardly, regretting your talkative nature.

     "Hitoshi Shinso. Didn't your parents ever tell you not to talk to strangers? I could be a villain for all your know." The boy named Hitoshi said, not taking your hand.

     "Well, yes but-" You noticed your stop coming up, "sorry but, this is my stop!" You said, standing up.

     "Mine as well." Hitoshi said, already standing up and walking towards the doors, you followed behind in hot pursuit.

     "You don't happen to be taking an entrance exam do you?" You asked, catching up to his quick pace as you mentally cursed your short legs.

     "Yes." He replied simply.

     "At U.A.?!" You asked excitedly.

     "...yes?" Hitoshi answered, his tone growing annoyed.

     "Me too! Wow! Small world huh?" You said, smiling brightly.

     "Yeah. Small world." Hitoshi grumbled, shoving his hands into his black joggers.

     Hurriedly, you skipped ahead a little and started to walk backwards in front of Hitoshi so that you could see him. You took this chance to look at him fully while he rolled his eyes at your behavior. He sported a dark purple t-shirt and black joggers, along with dark purple slip on vans. His purple hair was messy and seemed to stick out in every direction.
I bet it's really soft, you thought to yourself. You then blushed at your own thought. Suddenly, you were broken away from your thoughts by bumping into someone. You turned around and frantically waved your hands.

     "I-I'm so so so terribly s-sorry!!" You stuttered, blushing a bright red.

     "Don't walk backwards you fucking extra." The ash blonde boy said angrily. You felt a hand on your shoulder.

     "Excuse us." Hitoshi said bluntly, pushing you and him past the angered blonde boy. Hitoshi bumped shoulders with the angered boy as they exchanged glares, you swallowed loudly.

     "I tried warning you, you know." He said to you, his hand still firmly holding onto your shoulder. "If you're going to stare, you should at least keep your ears open too." Hitoshi continued.

     "S-sorry!! It's a bad habit.." You chuckled nervously.

     "I assume your nature of not knowing when to shut up is also a bad habit, hm?" Hitoshi said, sounding slightly irritated.

     "Yeah..I get that a lot.." You said defeatedly.

     The two of you walked into the school and to the large room where all inspiring students were supposed to gather in silence. Hitoshi didn't remove his hand from your shoulder until the two of you sat down. Once the stadium like room was full, pro hero Present Mic came out and explained the entrance exam. You felt your stomach drop and grew anxious when you heard that everyone would be fighting against robots. Your combat skills weren't the best, and your quirk was only effective on humans. You started having a panic attack, shaking and hyperventilating.

     "What's up?" Hitoshi asks quietly, shifting to face you a little on your seat. Some other kids were talking to Present Mic but you drowned them out.

     "W-well..t-thing is, m-my quirk is..well..only effective o-on humans." You managed to whisper out.

     "Same here..I went head and applied to be in general department in case of something like this." He whispered back.

     "Me too..but I r-really wanted to b-be in the hero c-course." You whispered shakily.

     "I'm sure you'll be fine." Hitoshi said, although it wasn't too reassuring, You just nodded your head and tried to calm down.

     As Present Mic finished his speech we were led to our training center. It was huge, modeling a city. You stood next to Hitoshi the whole time. You heard some angry yelling and quickly recognized it to be the ash blonde boy from earlier. You gulped at the thought of being in the same training arena as him. The large gates to the arena opened, the aspiring students got into ready positions and waited for word to go.

     "What're you waiting for?! There's no count downs in real battles! Go!!" Present Mic yelled out.

     Everyone started rushing into the arena. You followed Hitoshi the whole time. The two of you both struggled against the robots. Although Hitoshi did better than you, the two of you barely took down any robots. The exams ended and the both of you walked in silence to the train station.

     "I definitely did not get into the hero course." You sighed.

     "Nor did I." Hitoshi huffed.

     "Would..would you want to go to a café with me? I think both of us could use something to cheer us up a bit.." You suggested.

     "I don't know.." Hitoshi started.

     "I'll pay!" You quickly interrupted.

     "Sure.." He reluctantly agreed.