🏀 9 🏀

Bey POV

I dribbled the ball between my legs and took a glimpse of the score board up on the pristine white wall in New Jersey City University's gym. 48 to 50. I heard everyone in the bleachers screaming and also heard my teammates screaming my name so I could pass the ball to them. I wanted to pass the ball, but I don't think anyone would be able to catch the ball and make an accurate shot with the other team guarding them. No lie, they're good, really good. And if we win this game, we'll automatically be moving forward to the championship. If they win, they'll go. I have to bet on myself. I looked over at Coach to see her eyes on me and egging me to shoot.

"Knowles! Shoot the ball!"

I looked at the tall white girl in front of me guarding me and became nervous. What if I can't make it? What if I miss? I'll be letting the entire team down, including coach. I looked back over to her and she had her hands balled up, yelling for me to shoot.

"You can do this Knowles! Shoot it!" She yelled.

I looked back at the score board to see the clock.

15 seconds.

I swallowed my nervousness and stepped back, dribbling the ball, and lined up with the basket. I hopped and shot a three and everyone watched the ball in anticipation.

"Please go in, please go in." I whispered to myself. The ball went clean into the hoop, making a swish noise. My teammates started screaming and the buzzer went off, signaling the end of the fourth quarter. I looked once again at the scoreboard and saw 51 to 50. We only won by one point, but we won dammit.

My teammates rushed to me, ambushing me and trying to pick me up. Everyone started chanting my name as I smiled from ear to ear.

I noticed Coach push her way through the crowd and she hugged me. "You did it." She whispered in my ear. She pulled away and patted my shoulder. "I told you, you could do it." She grinned. I nodded my head smiling and everyone started hugging Coach and chanting her name. I'm just happy we won.

When everyone calmed down, we went into the locker room to change. After gathering our things and Coach having us meet with some journalists and take pictures, we went outside to our travel bus. Though I don't like traveling away from the school that much for games, at least this game wasn't far, considering Jersey isn't that far away from Brooklyn; only about two hours. I know I'm going to be pissed when I find out who we'll end up playing for the championships. Every championship game always requires a lot of traveling and going long distances.

The team got on our travel bus and I went straight to the back along with Kelly and T. We started talking about the game as everyone else sat in their seats and started talking, making the bus become noisy.

"Hey!" I heard Coach yell. Everyone looked to see her standing at the front of the bus. "I just wanted to make an announcement before everyone starts their own conversations and does whatever. I really want to thank all of you for putting your best effort into this game. It was a tough match up but we succeeded. This team wasn't easy to beat and y'all did it so that means we're going to win the championship, right?" She smiled.

Everyone yelled yeah, some people said hell yeah, earning laughs from Coach. "I can say this team has been one of the best to work with since I started my career at Brooklyn College. All of you are talented and I love your drive and passion for ball. With that being said, I want to call out a specific allstar on the team, Beyoncé Knowles." She said, smirking at me.

I smiled as everyone clapped and called my name. "Beyoncé really put her all into this game and helped us win and accomplish a major milestone this year by taking a chance to shoot that three and believing in herself. I would like to honor her with this trophy." Coach said, now making the trophy evident. She held it up in the air and I started blushing. I was excited and happy. She finally rewarded me for my skills. "I want you to hold it all the way back to the school, come get it."