22: Know you

It was 1 in the afternoon and both of his parents were at work and Max was with the rest of the kids

Me and Billy kinda just chilled around for a while. Not saying a whole lot really. I think we were both in a sad mood. There was no reason to be. We just were. It happens sometimes. No reason to be sad but yet we have every reason to be sad.

"We are so lame." I admitted with us both just staring at the ceiling not even talking. Neither of us had said anything in 5 minutes. His silence agreed with me. "Is it us? Or is it other people's fault that we are like this?"

"I don't know about you but, maybe both." He quietly admitted. No one was home. We didn't have to be quiet. But we were. Think it's a force of habit.

"Perhaps."

"What do you think happened to us?"

" I don't know about you.." I slightly teased. "But I think... people made us this way."

He stayed silent and turned his body to face me. I just kept looking at the ceiling.

"Why is there always this number on your arm?" He asked. It was summer time, I had no sleeve to cover it up. I took my hand out of his and set my arm on my stomach attempting to hide what he's already seen who knows how many times.

"W-hy is there a skull in your arm?" I asked with out looking at him. And he just blinked at me unamused.

"No, really. Why?"

"That doesn't really matter. Umm.. so what do you think J-"

"Quinn..?" He asked and I stopped.

"Yes..?" I asked back and he just blankly stared at me. "I'm gonna umm ... I'm gonna be honest with you. I genuinely don't remember getting it. I could have been born with it. Maybe I was the.. 12th child born on that day." I panicked. "Awe you don't have one. Maybe it only goes up to 12. If your not with in the first 12 kids born on the day you don't get one. Guess I'm special. Yay. Okay so anyways, if you think about it when J-" I tried to joke and he didn't even exhale a laugh.

"Byers." He said and I sighed.

"It's no big deal, Hargrove."

"You saying that makes me think it's a big deal. Did it have something to do when people thought you died two years ago? Or when you got lost?"

"I don't ask you about your childhood so stay out of mine." I said kind of harshly.

"I don't ask you about yours because when I have in the past you get all tense and do this. You make up lies and dance around my questions!"

I laughed in frustration. " You do the same thing!" I yelled.

"I never lie to you." He said.

"BULL!" I yelled laughing.