Epilogue

Five years later...

Chris took the white T-shirt that was on the bed and wore it. After drying his hair he combed it with his hands before he looked at himself in the mirror. He was good to go, so he walked out of the bedroom. Chris walked down stairs and into the dinning table where his breakfast was waiting for him. This was Alma to him. Since the past five years she had taken it her responsibility to take care of him.

They were only two people who were living in the apartment and she cooked as if they were twenty people in that house. And she had moved in the house just to be sure that Chris was okay. That he didn't get tired or try to do anything stupid at all. His mother also wanted to move in with him and that's why he looked for a three bedroom apartment. For that reason and others that were best known to him. 

Chris took one toast and served it to a plate that sat opposite to him. He also added two fried eggs and a glass of milk which was covered on top. That was the first thing that he did every time he came to the dinning table. He also took that priority first before himself. And every time there had to be a glass of milk no matter the time of the day. Chris served himself before covering the food and walking back up stairs. 

It was time and he had to make sure of that. Chris knocked on the door lightly before working inside. The bed was made and he couldn't help but smile at himself. This was one of the few days that you would walk in and see this. Very few. He walked to the bathroom and opened the door and his smile grew bigger when he saw what was taking place before his eyes.

"You will never stop that, will you?" That was Alma who asked the person who stood there wrapped in a white towel.

It seemed like they had not yet seen Chris because Alma screamed this time. And that's when Chris thought of coming in between the two. Or thought of talking.

"Now if you keep on terrorising your nanny that way," he moved inside the bathroom. "She will die before you even turn six kiddo."

"Daddy, how many times do I've to tell you that you've to knock first?" 

Yeah, that was always the greetings when the two of them met. 

"Good morning to you too son and my night was good, thank you for asking." His son rolled his eyes at him. "And I saw that young man, besides I did knock."

Before his son could say anything Alma beat him to it. "You've to brush your teeth."

Chris looked at the old woman and smiled at her. She was all socked because of the little angel who stood there looking at both of them. What could he do without her? 

"I will take it from here, nanny." Chris moved to take his son's toothbrush. "Go and get changed."

Alma excused herself and left the two of them. Chris turned to his son and gave him his tooth brush before walking to the bedroom. Alma had placed his son's clothes on the bed. He waited for him there and in few seconds he was out. This was how it worked for them. Chris would either be the one waking his son every morning and helping to take a bath or Alma when Chris overslept. But a day did he not prepare his son every morning. When he woke up late, he made sure that he was the one who dressed him up.

"I'm done." His son walked out giving his a smile.

Chris smiled back and sat on the bed. "Not yet son." He looked at his clothes then back at his son, "I've to make sure you don't smell before you put this on. Now raise you had, Prince."

"You're not going to tickle me, are you dad?"

"Since when do I tickle you?" 

"Since you told me that's called tickling."

Shouldn't Have Kissed You.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara