chapter 32

Dedicated to Prathikshaprakash3

Chris finished making fruit salad before covering it. He was the one making dinner again today and he wanted everything to be perfect and delicious like the previous dinner that he had made. His thoughts could help back go back at the restaurant this afternoon.

He was pissed. Pissed with Kimberly for acting like a spoiled brat when she wasn't. He was trying, right? Chris couldn't help but wonder where he had gone wrong with her. She was supposed to be happy that he found time to take her for lunch but she she wanted more. More when he himself had sacrificed a day from work for her. She was supposed to be grateful but she wasn't.

Instead, she complained. Complained about having dinner within the town instead of outside the town. That comment had pissed him off but he didn't let it affect him that much. Then she called Maya a whore. That was it for him.

He wanted to protect Maya which lead him to telling Kimberly to stop. But her being her, she continued ignoring him. He wanted to speaking. Maybe before Mr. Ambrose spoke up? He didn't know but he just wanted to be the one to protect his wife and not her friend. But before he could say anything, things happened way too fast for him.

Maya was already on her feet with a glass of water in her hands and before it sinks in him, the glass is empty. He did hear Kimberly gasp and he was just about to pull her in his arms when two slaps landed on her sweet cheeks.

To say he was shocked, it would be understatement. And just then Maya was explaining, no, shouting at Kimberly the meaning of a whore. He was happy for her. Happy that now she could stand up for herself without anyone to help her at all.

And that's why when Kimberly asked him to follow her, he turned and smiled at Maya. That was his way of showing her how proud he was for her. As a husband, a friend and a man who wants people to stand up for themselves.

Ironic? I know.

Chris stared the beef that was on stove and moved to washing the already pilled potatoes. He was making dinner tonight like the previous night and he wanted everything to be okay. After the potatoes where clean, he transferred them to a cooking pot and added some water in them.

If it weren't for Kimberly getting mad and kicking him out of her apartment, maybe he would still be there. But she did. He had followed her and driven her back to her apartment. After coming to a stop, he followed his girlfriend to her apartment and waited in the living room for her to change.

Few minutes went by and she wasn't out. Chris decided to check up on her and she was cuddling up on her soft bed crying her eyes out. That wasn't Kimberly to him. The Kimberly he knew never showed her weakness. She never allowed people to see her weakness exceptionally him. The only other time he saw her cry since their years of dating was six months ago.

The day that the public knew he was engaged to a one Miss Freeman and not her. She had cried her eyes out. And at that moment, Chris had hated himself more than he did when he had put an engagement ring on the governor's daughter. His heart broke into pieces but no matter how he tried, he couldn't change back the time. What's done is done.

Chris moved to her bed and rubbed her back soothingly, she had to came down and she did after a while. Chris wanted to apologize but she spoke up before he could. She began to tell him how all of it was his fault which he understood.

He shouldn't have kissed Maya on his stage but he did. Then after one month of not seeing her he is forced into a marriage. A marriage with no love when he should have been preparing to get engaged to Kimberly the love of his life by then. Now, he has his buts at the back of his mind.