IMAGINE: Danny Asking You Out

| IMAGINE for @Auroraborealisstorm |

"You can do this, Frank. I believe in you." You hear one of the guys sitting at the table say to the other as you approach it, notepad in hand.

     "Thanks, Danny." Frank replies with a small smile.

     You stop right in front of the table in the pub and smile politely at the small group of guys sitting around the table. "Hey guys, my name is Y/N. What can I get for you?"

     The one named Danny looks at you and squints. "You're new here, aren't you?"

     "Yeah, yeah, I am." You laugh softly, shaking your head slightly. "You come here enough to know that?" You ask, tipping your head in his direction.

     "Maybe." He smirks. You roll your eyes at yet another flirtatious customer. You feel like your employers should have warned you.

     "Anyway, what can I get for you guys?" They give you their drink orders and then you come to Danny. "And what can I get for you?"

     "Hmm." He murmurs, his eyebrows furrowing. He taps his chin. "You know, I'm not quite sure."

     "Danny, come on, let the girl do her job." Frank says. The rest of the guys at the table agree.

     "But I'm not sure what to get. Don't pressure me." Danny feigns a dramatic sigh.

     "It's funny, you'd think coming here enough would give you an idea of what you like or don't like." You blurt out without thinking. Your eyes widen in surprise and you glance around to make sure none of your employers heard that.

     Danny bursts out laughing. "I like you, Y/N. I like you very much." He says, before giving you his order with a wink. You grin and jot down his order, before going back to get the drinks.

Danny continues to toy with you the entire time that they're there. It makes you laugh but seems to embarrass his friends. They keep shaking their heads or rolling their eyes whenever Danny speaks to you.

     When you bring their food, Danny opens his mouth to say something when one of the guys, Eddie, at the table slams his hand down on the table. "Danny, don't. Just keep your mouth shut. Please." He begs. You start laughing at the deflated look on Danny's face.

     You clasp your hands together. "If you guys need anything else, just let me know. I'll be back to check on you in a little bit." You walk away and feel Danny's eyes on you the whole time. You can't help the smile that blooms on your mouth.

After dinner, the group of guys pay the tab and then just sit around talking for a while about Frank's challenge of swimming the English Channel. During your time serving them, you picked up snippets of their conversations. Eventually, out of your own curiosity, you just came right out and asked them what was going on.

     Finally the guys get up to leave. "Bye, guys. Have a great rest of your night! Good luck, Frank." You smile as you wipe down a table. The rest of the guys murmur their goodbye and head to the door. Danny hangs back and looks at you. "See you around, Danny. Maybe, what, tomorrow?" You joke.

     "You can bet on it." He answers in all seriousness.

     You straighten. "Wait, really?" You ask in surprise. He nods. "Wow, you weren't kidding when you said you come here a lot." You breathe.

     He grins. "See you tomorrow, Y/N." He replies, giving you a little wave. You smile, your heart tripping over a heart at the thought of seeing this man—this very strange yet attractive man—tomorrow.

     "See you tomorrow, Danny." You respond.

The next three days that you work, Danny comes in. One night, you lean against the counter and just stare at him. "Do you happen to have a life?" You grin at him.

     He laughs. "Of course I do. I just spend the majority of it here." He winks.

     You sigh and shake your head, the smile never leaving your lips. "What can I get for you tonight?"

     "Nothing."

     You still and look at him as if he's crazy. "What? You come here and get nothing?"

     He nods. "I just want to talk to you today."

     A blush tinges your cheeks. "You do?" You ask softly.

     "I really do."

     "Well, I go on my break in a few minutes...?"

     Danny grins. "Okay."

———

You sit at the bar with Danny, eating your lunch. You didn't realize how much you have in common with him. Before you realize it, your lunch is over. You hop off one of the bar stools. "I had a lot of fun, Danny. You're a lot of fun." You smile at him.

     "You think?"

     "Crazy, but fun." You laugh as you start to walk away. He gently grabs your arm and stops you. You look at his hand on your arm and then up to his face.

     "You wouldn't...I don't know...you wouldn't like to go grab dinner one night after work, would you?" He asks tentatively, nervously.

     Your eyebrows raise. "Wait, really?"

     He nods. "But I mean, if you're not into me like that, that's cool too." He quickly assuages.

     "No, no, I'd love to." You smile.

     "Wait, really?" He says, echoing your earlier words.

     "Yeah." You nod enthusiastically. "I get off tomorrow at six. Maybe we can do something afterwards?"

     Danny sighs with relief. "Yeah, yeah, that sounds great!"

     "Okay." You smile.

     "Okay, great. Great." He breathes, running a hand through his hair. "I'll, uh, I'll see you tomorrow then." He smiles.

     "See you tomorrow." You smile. He squeezes your arm and nearly skips out the door. You laugh, a very lighthearted, happy feeling capturing your heart. You smile and sigh with content.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!