Chapter 5

*Jace POV*

When itachi opened the door I saw pein's stern  and cold face. In response I became really stiff out of fear. I'm pretty sure my heart stopped in a split second. That man is terrifying and the voice also makes it worse yet, hawt at the same time.

"So Who are you, and why did tobi bring you here?"

"Well sir, my name is Jace. I have no last name since I never really knew who my parents where. And who's tobi? Is it the fellow who brought me here? If so I'm not exactly sure why he brought me." Jace said responding to peins questions.

"I must act stupid so I can avoid any suspicion." Jace thought trying to plan everything out and process her situation.

"Since tobi brought you here, and hopefully not just because you were a 'pretty girl' to his standards. I believe he possibly brought you here because you placed some worth correct?"

"I'm not entirely sure why that tobi fellow decided to bring me here, all I know is I'm here now and I can't change that factor."

"True, if you don't wish to be killed you must show some worth. If not you will be killed and sacrificed to hidans so called god." Pein said and looked at me as if he was staring into my soul.

I gulped slightly out of fear but I kept my composure. "I could help finding the jinchuriki, and I could also help around the base doing chores."

"And how would you accomplish helping us find the jinchuriki?" Pein said in a stern and questionable voice. "Well let's just say that I know some ties to important information."

Damn I hope that this works, I must be careful to not lead any hints or give out too much information.

"And what kind of information you are implying?" Pein said as when wanting an answer to his question.

"Well I do know that you had a teacher by the name of jiraiya who found you during the second Shinobi world war. Your land was the place the war held place, which ended in the destruction of the village hidden in the rain."
Damn I hope that wasn't to much left out, I just hope he doesn't kill me for it.

"And how would you know this information?" Pein stated in a tone that if you didn't answer then you would be killed. Damn this sucks, I have to come up with something. I hope this works.

"Well let's just say that the pesky snake leads out information and isn't so careful at times."
Pein thought about what I just said and thought through it carefully.

"Alright, I'll allow you to become a guest of the akatsuki. However, you will help us gather information and do chores around here not only that but you will be watched by an akatsuki member while your here. If you have even a slight thought of betraying us, you will die where you stand. Is this understood?"

I stood in shock for a moment gathering what was said. "Yes sir, I understand the terms given to me." Pain looked at me "good, I'll assign itachi to look after you for the week and after that I'll assign someone else. Konan will help you find his room and she'll help you get started tomorrow."

I nodded as konan looked at me and walked past me to open the door and I started to follow her.

~ Tiny time-skip ~

Konan brought me to itachi's room, she knocked on his door and he answered with his blank and emotionless face. "Pein wants you to look after her for the week, if she does anything suspicious kill her."

Itachi nodded and moved to the side to let me into his room. I decided to sit on a chair on the side. Itachi closed his door and sat down on a separate chair picking up a book and reading it.