My Father's Funeral

The day of my father's funeral came three days later. I wore a long white dress with black flowers and vines all over it. The funeral was held in the backyard and I was to light the pyre. I walked down the stairs and Zarroc took my hand leading me outside and he handed me the torch. With a heavy heart I lit the my father's body and cried into Zarroc's shoulder as his body burned to ash. Later on while everyone was enjoying refreshments I was standing outside just staring at the burning fire. My heart hurt and I felt damaged, like I wasn't gonna be able to come back from this. I barely felt Zarroc grabbing my shoulders and pulling me away. "Come, everyone is leaving you should get some rest. We walked inside to his bedroom and I grabbed his pillow and cried. "I didn't even get a chance to get to know him Zarroc, first I had a father and now I don't I'm back to being an orphan." The tears wouldn't stop and my heart hurt like it was being crushed. It wasn't just the pain of losing my father I had to get out I also held in my feelings most of my life and I was finally letting myself feel pain since the day that my friend Willow died. "Zarroc every time I get close to someone I lose them I don't want to lose you too, not when I just realized how much I love you." He then laid me down and put his fingers to my eyes and wiped away the tears. "You will not lose me Luna, I have lived for many years watching the ones I love die now that I know you really do love me I ask you my sweet love to consider becoming a vampire you would never have to worry about being without me I'll be at your side as your King and you would be my queen, you don't have to give me your answer now I only ask that you think on it for now you must my love." He then kissed me so passionately and fell asleep in his arms.