Ch. 281 and Ch. 282

Start from the beginning

Hearing such a tender, loving call from his wife, especially when she was curled up in his arms, sent a bolt of electricity racing down He Changdi's body. He stiffened up completely for a whole second. His deep gaze darkened even more until his eyes were like pools of ink, and his thin lips pressed into an even finer line as his strides quickened.

All Chu Lian heard was his husky response. "Don't worry. It's night time now. They won't be able to see what they're not allowed to."

When his breathing changed, Chu Lian finally realised what had happened.

She wailed inwardly to herself. She hadn't used the right solution after all; she had just provoked the beast!

Since she could feel the changes in his body, Chu Lian was in an absolute state of awkwardness.

She kept a tight hold on the lapels of his shirt and gave up on trying to get him to set her down. Lying obediently in his arms, she tried negotiating instead.

"Then could you put me down when we reach the corridor right before we enter our courtyard?"

There were so many servants around Songtao Court. It would be so embarrassing if they spotted her like this!

He Changdi kept his expression cool as he struggled with himself in his mind. Finally, he nodded and agreed to her request.

Actually, his wife's body was all nice and soft. She felt so comfortable in his embrace that he didn't want to put her down at all. He wanted to carry her all the way to the bed in their room...

Ch. 282 Nightclothes

It went without saying that He Changdi absolutely wouldn't voice those thoughts to his wife.

While trapped in his embrace, Chu Lian made a silent vow to never wear such an impractical dress again. It was beautiful to look at, but walking in it was just putting herself in trouble.

He Sanlang was a man of his word.

He put Chu Lian down by the decorative mountain in front of the corridor. However, he didn't just walk off straight after. Instead, he helped her straighten out her disheveled clothes before taking her hand and walking to their room in Songtao Court together.

When Senior Servant Gui caught sight of Third Young Master holding Third Young Madam's hand, she couldn't help but smile.

The moment He Changdi entered the parlour, he shot a signal at Wenqing, Wenlan, and Senior Servant Zhong with his eyes before pulling Chu Lian towards the bedroom.

When Senior Servant Gui was about to enter the bedroom with Jingyan behind her to wait upon them, they were held back by Senior Servant Zhong.

"Dear sister, there's something I need to discuss with you! Let's just have Wenqing stand guard here for today!"

Senior Servant Gui glanced at the couple who had just disappeared past the curtains covering the entrance of the bedroom, then back at the smiling Senior Servant Zhong. Realisation dawned upon her.

She smacked herself on the forehead and admitted with some embarrassment, "Look at how muddle-headed I've gotten."

Thus, the two senior servants sent away all the other nearby servants in tacit understanding, leaving only Xiyan and Wenqing in case Third Young Master and Madam called.

Chu Lian's face began to heat up uncontrollably the moment she was pulled into the bedroom by He Changdi.

She had a sinking feeling that He Sanlang wasn't going to let her off tonight...