Dad's Being Different!

Evelyn Marie Brown, 5'6" tall, with long dark brown straight hair with natural waves in the end. She has blue eyes and a fit figure.

Alexander McCarthy, 6'2" tall, with dark brown wavy hair and has brown deep eyes. He is of course fit with 6 pack abs and muscles that's girls drool over.

Here is the character description that will help you love the characters better!!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Evelyn's POV:

Listening to some soothing songs in a long drive with window down and breeze brushing through my hair and caressing my cheeks is a feeling that I love to experience. I was lost in the songs and feeling them in my heart, when our car came to a hault.

I looked out of the window and realised that we have already reached our destination. In front of my eyes was a gorgeous house that has an antique touch to it with mordern decor.

I removed my ear plugs as my mom, dad and Tyler were getting out of our car. We went inside and looked around our new house. I couldn't believe my eyes as I looked through this admirable house.

I ran up the stairs where all the bedrooms were situated and looked through them all, but the one that made me fall in love with it was the one by the stairs. I plopped down the window seat, I've always wanted.

"Evey and Tyler come down and help us arrange the furnitures and boxes." My mom shouted with a very tired tone. That's when I realised my brother was looking for his room as well which is now beside mine.

We both went downstairs and then the four of us started arranging the boxes and furnitures. It took us half the day to complete most of the arrangements. Then all I wanted to do was relax.

"I'm going out for some fresh air." I told my for mom and dad.

"Wait up Evy, I'm coming along" my brother called out. I waited for him to join me.

We have been here a few times before for our vacations so I know this place well enough not to get lost.

I looked at Ty questioningly with a raised eyebrow, then he sighed and said "I really didn't want to leave, you know? We were so happy there. We had to leave all our friends for shifting here. I miss our home."

I understood what he was saying, I knew what he meant.

"I miss home as well, Ty. But our dad's job is more important that all of that, you know? And I know you miss Emily, but you don't need to worry. You guys can facetime and talk all you want, also we will visit there sometimes. But where ever we are all together that's our home, and this will be our home soon. And I promise you everything will fall into place. No matter what I'll be by your side, always. After all you're stuck with me, twin" I said winking at him with a laugh.

He smiled at me saying "What would I have done if you weren't my little sis?!"

I hit him playfully and said "Just by 20 secs" still frowning.

We have reached the park by now and when he saw me frowning he grabbed me by my waist and put me over his shoulder, while I was shouting at him "Put me down right this second or you'll be scared for your life" I said, as I continued punching his back.

I felt him laughing and I scowled.

Then he finally put me down on a swing and didn't give me a sec to breathe as he started pushing the swing hard and I was in the air now, laughing and shouting.

"Ty slow this down a bit or I might actually fall." I said still laughing.

"Evy I won't let you fall and you know that." he said finally stopping the swing laughing.

I turned around and hug him tight, knowing what he was trying to do.

He hugged me back.

He is the only person I've had by my side through everything, I don't know what I'd have done without my twin.

Breaking the hug I looked around and realised it's starting to get dark and said,
"we should probably head back, mom dad might be worried sick" knowing how protective they are.

We reached our new home and realised that we had guests. We looked at each other confused considering the fact that we moved in a few hours ago.

We went inside and saw an elderly looking lady of my mom's age smiling, by her was a guy around our age who had earplugs plugged in. Well that's respectful, I thought to myself scowling. Then I saw my dad having an expression I've never seen before and my mom frowning but trying to hide it.

I realised that the lady was here to welcome us considering that my mom now had a bouquet and some cookies on her hands.

"Evelyn, Tyler, good you're back, meet Jennifer McCarthy and her son Alex, they are our next door neighbour." my dad said with a smile looking at Mrs McCarthy.

"Nice to meet you Mrs McCarthy" me and Ty both said at the same time smiling.

"You both are such sweet kids, nice to meet you both." she said with a kind smile.

Then me and Ty said are goodbyes and went upstairs.

~*~*~*~*~*~

After a while Ty came to my room and sat down beside me and said something that has been on my mind since our next door neighbour's visit.

"Evy don't you think dad was acting very different today? And not in a good way."

I look at him with concern and said "I was thinking about this since I saw them downstairs but I couldn't quite catch on to why I felt such a negative aura."

"For some reason mom seemed really out of it, and usually when we move into a new house she greets our neighbours with delight." he said looking worried.

"Maybe it's nothing and we are just looking into the situation in a way it isn't, it has been a long day and mom must have been really tried and dad must have just been trying to make our guests feel welcomed." I said tried to make some sense out of what we saw in that interaction.

"Yeah, we shouldn't worry about this, it's probably what you just said, and we are both pretty tired so we should get some sleep." he said trying to do the same thing as me, but when I looked into his eyes I knew he didn't believe what we discussed either but we both let it go.

"We should probably get some sleep now, it's pretty late and it was a really long day. Also we are going shopping tomorrow for going back to school, remember?" I said knowing he hates shopping with me as he knows it takes me hours when I go shopping.

"Of course" he said in dismay and continued "Can't let you go alone knowing you might get lost, can I?"

I looked at him with a sheepish smile and started pouting.

" It's pretty late now, let's head to bed, alright? " he said smiling.

I nodded and said "Goodnight, Ty Ty"

"Goodnight Evyy Bear" he said while he kissed me on my forehead.

He then headed back to his room and I went inside my blanket and fell asleep smiling, knowing things will be alright.

*°*°*°*°*°*

Hey guys!!

I hope you enjoyed the new chapter, be sure to leave your experience in the comments down below.

This is my first time writing a book on wattpad and I'm excited for your love and support.

I'll try to post a new chapter everyday or every other day for the next two weeks after which my uni starts again, when I will try to post a chapter every week.

I appreciate all your support and love!! And I'm really excited for this journey.

Sorry for any mistakes!