These were known as the first steps to differentiate the legislative, judicial and executive branches of the state under a monarchy. But such technicalities of government were a story for future historians.

Needless to say, the everyday life of the husband and wife was truly hectic.

For those who personally knew them, it was a wonder how the two maintained showing love and attention towards their child.

It also never failed to amaze people how the two seemingly worked with a single mind and were always in sync when it came to decision making.

Their cutting decisiveness and razor sharp solutions even in times of near-crisis left people in awe.

All of these showed how harmonious their relationship was but who would know of their one tiny secret?

They had been official husband and wife for almost five months now and had not once consummated their marriage.

It was because of various factors such as their duties came first. Tiandi was also a priority. And there were still the remaining supporters of the last dynasty to take care of.

Even before leaving Da Xia, they couldn't count the nights they spent awake forming their action plan for Lei Feng.

There was an existing government that they could use as a blueprint, yes. But they both wanted change and implementing them in the beginning was better for the long run.

Despite these, Xia Lian Bei discovered something astonishing.

Yin Hua Lei, the damn girl never once maltreated him!

In fact, it was the exact opposite.

She treated him so well, he wanted to cry and thank all of his ancestors profusely, which he almost did if only Shai didn't walk in before he even started.

Every meal, she would give him and Bao Bei the most nutritious food. When it was cold, she'd give him a hand warmer. When spring came, she embroidered new clothes for him. (To which he didn't know how she found time!)

She always personally brewed him tea and made him stop working when she noticed how dizzy he was already.

Yin Hua Lei also liked combing his long white hair which she never missed every night before sleeping. He was even suspecting that it was her favorite part of him.

They regularly went out of the palace with Bao Bei to see how the people fared. But he knew it was also her way of having a day off and going out as a family.

These things, when done by other women, would be accompanied with soft endearing smiles and charming tenderness.

When it was Yin Hua Lei, she did all of it without a change in her aloof face.

But Xia Lian Bei was filled with so much happiness that he sometimes pinched himself when no one was looking.

He had long been neglected that little things like these made him ecstatic. If Yin Hua Lei knew, she probably wouldn't know how to react.

The damn girl's actions were all seamless and as though she did them a thousand times before.

She'd help him pick clothes and get dressed in the mornings with attentiveness like it was the most important thing in the world.

At times, she held his forehead to check if he was running a fever while burying himself under piles of memorials.

Yin Hua Lei displayed the might and matriarchal excellence of a Queen but she was unexpectedly a divine homemaker too.