Chapter 6 - Meeting Nathaniel

Chapter 6 – Meeting Nathaniel

A/N I am so very sorry for taking so long to update, I have just been very busy. I know this is no excuse. Please comment and vote if you like this and if you have any ideas for the story please let me know. Thank you xxx

I walked along the shops admiring the items in windows when I noticed a necklace that I really liked. It had an emerald stone with flowers and fairies in silver set over it.But I didn’t need it, it’s not like I wore a lot of jewellery. I only wore a ring with a ruby and a Celtic pendant with the sign of friendship, which I had gotten from Clarrisa; she said her mother asked her to give it to me just before she died.

I kept walking down the street,stoppingoccasionally to admire a piece of clothing or something else. I saw a guy leaning against the street wall, he was so handsome.

He had black wavy hair that reached his shoulder and looked like he had been running his fingers through it repeatedly. His eyes were like emeralds, stunning and shining with mystery. He has high cheek bones and a mouth that looked like it would be quick to smile or snarl, still he was one of the most beautiful men I had ever seen and I had only seen a few.

As I walked closer I saw he was watching me. When I went to walk past him he reached out and touched my arm. “Excuse me, I was wondering if you knew Viviana Caro?” I shook his hand of my arm. “Who’s asking?” I tilted my head and looked up. Jeez he was tall. “Someone who wishes to meet her,” he smiled; he had the most charming smile I had ever seen. I raised my eyebrow “really...and why would you want to meet me?” he never even looked surprised at my admission, it was like he knew who I was and just wanted to tease me.

“Well I have wanted to meet for a few days but you never seem to be in town” he smiled down at me. He was so very tall. “oh” was my genius answer. Stupid, stupid I berated myself. Jeez Viviana you see a cute guy and all of a sudden you can’t speak, way to be cool. He laughed at my expression.

I sighed, yep must think I’m a ditz now. “Well what is it you wanted?” I asked. “I heard stories of a beautiful woman that had moved in with Clarrisa and Polo and had to see for myself,” He smiled. “Well um ok that’s strange, I didn’t think people knew I was here, I mean I haven’t been in town before.” He shrugged and said “well I heard about youin a bar from a guy you scared of at Clarrisa’s, he said a very beautiful woman with inhuman strength tossed him out of the house before he could grab anything”. I looked at the ground as the anger I felt the other night came back “Well he shouldn’t have been trying to break in and steal and then to top it off spit on me, I mean that’s just dumb and gross” I said heatedly. He nodded “Oh yes, I agree with you, would you mind if I joined you?” I shrugged. “Whatever”.

We set of down the path and I continued to look into shop window when it occurred to me that I didn’t know his name. “Excuse me but I never caught your name” He looked at me with amusement in his eyes “Nathaniel, is my name and you should probably know I am also a vampire”. “Well yeah I got that from the glow of your skin, it’s just like mine” I rolled my eyes saying this. I guess I should mention that we can also walk in the sun. We don’t sparkle or burn but we do get kind of a strange glow to our skin.

“Nathaniel” I thought about this for a second when I realized something “Hey just like the angel Nathaniel” I mused out loud. He snickered “yeah but I’m no angel” I laughed at this.

We spent the rest of the afternoon wondering around town, just enjoying each other’s company, I found it nice to talk with someone who has been around longer than me. When it was 4:00pm I made my way to where Clarrisa would pick me up. “Well it was nice talking to you Nathaniel, I sure hope to see you again” he grinned at my dismissal. “Sure maybe on Saturday we could meet up, maybe take the girls and let Clarrisa and Polo have some alone time”. “Ah I guess, I’ll talk to Clarrisa and give you a call.”

He gave me his number, and just as he was about to leave Clarrisa pulled up. “Hey Nathaniel!” she exclaimed. “I see you met Viviana,” he gave her an indulgent smile. “Sure did. You have a good day?” “Yeah took the girls to the park and then got an ice-cream, and well now they are dead to the world, see for yourselves” she chuckled. Nathaniel and I peeked through the back windows and sure enough they were sound asleep in their car seats. It was such a cute sight. We straightened and turned back to Clarrisa.

Cocking my head to the side I asked “Hey Clarrisa how do you know Nathaniel?” she laughed as if the answer was so obvious it was silly for me to miss. “Who do you think owns the blood bank Viviana?” My lips shaped into an ‘O’, Nathaniel laughed and tried to disguise it as a cough, at my expression. “So you know what he is?” I asked Clarrisa. “Well yeah, Polo and I met him about hmmmm four years ago just before the girls were born,” she smiled when she said this.

As she smiled I could see that she truly loved her children, and I was envious because I would never have them, never know the joy of conceiving them, carrying them, giving birth to them and watching them grow. I sighed, Nathaniel turned to me in question but I just shook my head. No need to burden him with my lost dreams.

“Well have to get going Clarrisa, got to check out that new movie. Oh hey do you mind if Viviana and I take the girls on Saturday?” he fluttered his eyes at her. She burst out laughing “Of course you two can mind them, come on Viviana I still have to make dinner."

I got into the car “Well guess I’ll see you on Saturday then, nice to meet you and all,” I grinned at him, and waved as we sped off home.

I sat there thinking about Nathaniel. He was handsome and funny, I really wouldn't mind getting to know him better. I smiled as Irememberedhis expression when he looked at the twins, it was obvious that he liked children. I always had a soft spot for men who likedchildren. It was something to do with the fact that a man could be so tough but would melt like chocolate in the sun when in the presence of a child.

I shook my head and laughed softly as I remembered that he owned the blood bank. Should have guessed I suppose. I looked out the window and into the sun, drifting off for a moment.......