Chapter 1 - My life and death

A/N Hi everybody I am new at this. I hope you will enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing it. If you read it, Thank you. please don't be afraid to comment or give me constructive criticism, but please don't be nasty.  

I want to thank my Little brother who helps edit and give me ideas. He is the best.

Chapter 1 - My life and death  

My name is Viviana Caro. Viviana is Italian for Alive and Eternal. Ha guess I am eternal, eternally dammed and no longer alive in a way. Caro is Italian or Spanish, whichever you prefer, for beloved. It's funny how a name can describe a person perfectly in one life......but not in the next.  

I have a figure that many would describe as Venus, curvaceous. My skin is like ivory, pale and shimmery. My hair is long and reaches the middle of my back; it is curly and the colour of a rich red wine. My eyes are a vibrant blue and hold a bit of green, add thick long lashes and this makes for one stunning feature, my best even if I say so myself.

I am a vampire and have been so for over 400 years. But I was not always one. I was born on May 18th in the year fifteen-hundred and ninety-one to a family, one that had a loving mother, a doting father and two older brothers. I was full of life my mother used to say, so full of it that it would dazzle anybody who stood to close. My father used to tell me I was the most beautiful girl in the world (but then again every father thinks and says that of his daughter) and that I would have eternal beauty in this life and in the next. See what I mean by how names could perfectly describe a person? My brothers Dante and Angelo granted me my every wish, but were strict and fair when it came to teaching me not to take things for granted and have respect for all people 'above and below me', as my parents put it. Don't get me wrong I loved my mother and father but they could be so 'stuck up' when it came to the different levels of society. Oh well nobody's perfect right? So my life was sheltered and safe. I had the best education money could buy and a big house to call home. I was beloved by my family and society, I was alive with happiness, dreams and hopes and I had eternal beauty, as mentioned above. But all this meant nothing to me as a 19 year old girl. I felt trapped and too sheltered, I wanted to explore Rome, I wanted to go behind the walls of the privileged and see the suffering that was never talked about but was very well known, I wanted to meet a boy who would treasure me for me and not for my place in society or money. Oh well a girl could dream couldn't she?

I snuck out one night, little did I know I was going to my death, the very thing that would allow me to see the things I wanted but would take away all the things I knew, and didn't know how to treasure, despite my brothers teachings. Too bad I realized all of this when it was too late to go back.

*Flashback*  

It was October the 21st the year sixteen-hundred and ten, and I was getting ready for bed. My hand maiden Mia was brushing my hair and telling me all about her day. Mia is short but slim. She has bright red hair, and beautiful green eyes. She has the sweetest smile that can brighten up your worst day. I loved to listen to her, she was still young, only 14, and loved to fill silence with talk, she hated to sit and just think. "......that was the end of my day miss" she had finished her daily tale and once again without failure it had managed to make me laugh and forget my worries for just a little while. "Well it sure sounded eventful Mia"I said as I 'yawned'. I wasn't really tired; tonight I was going to sneak out a go over the wall that separated me from the 'real world' as the cook Carla liked to say, but Mia didn't need to know that. She had spent the day cleaning my clothes, arguing with the cook about the fashion nowadays and walking in the gardens. "You sound tired miss, I had better let you get your rest" she said as she bustled around me, picking up the last few things that littered my floor. I felt guilty about have her clean up after me, I mean I was 19 I should know how to keep my own room clean. When I said this to her she told me "nonsense, it is my job and a privilege to work for you, you are nice to me and you listen to me...."she fell quite, unsure of whether to continue, than she straightened her shoulders and spoke up. "My other mistress treated me like dirt, she never listened and was rude" taking a deep breath she looked right into my eyes and said hesitantly "you are my first and only friend". "Well I am grateful to have a friend like you Mia and I hope that if you need anything that you will come to me". I smiled and she bid me goodnight. As soon as the door closed it flew open again. Mia ran over gave me hug, said "thank you" and was gone in a flash.