"New Camp"

You shot awake in a cold sweat. You sat on your bed with your head in your hands. Your heart was pounding in your chest and your pulse was fast in your palms. Every few seconds, you'd twitch while you calmed yourself down. Swallowing and wiping the sweat from your forehead, you swing your legs over the side of your cot. You legs now exposed to the fresh air seeping through the small crack in the tent flaps. Outside was birds chirping and people talking. After you took in all your senses, you stood up and went to your drawer to grab fresh clothes. You took your shirt and bra off and put on some deodorant. You put the clean top and bra on and took off your panties off and changed into a clean pair of those and pants. You went out to get some water from Pearson so you can brush your teeth. Because you couldn't leave the camp, you can't go to the river to clean yourself and that really irritated you. That's what you missed from Blackwater. There was an actual shower at that camp.

You took your dirty clothes from the past few days and went to one of the laundry buckets by the girls. Usually you just do your own laundry. You're not comfortable with someone else doing it for you. You listened into Mary-Beth, Karen, and Tilly talking, and every now and then, you'd add something or they'd ask you a question.

After a couple hours, you wanted to work on your drawing. You went to your tent to grab your book. All the sudden, You heard Dutch's voice. "EVERYONE, START PACKING!! WE HAVE TO LEAVE!!" You poked your head out and you saw John and Arthur helping an injured Strauss into camp. Dutch went to his tent, with Hosea meeting him there. You ran over to John and Arthur.

"What's going on? What happened?" "Cornwall found us." "What?" "We can't talk now. Pack your things." "Okay!" You ran over to your tent and did what everyone else was doing.

It took you and hour or two to finish everything. Arthur went over to Dutch's tent, where you can hear Hosea and Dutch arguing. "So we're just gonna keep heading East? Is that the plan?" "For now..." "And when do we stop?! When we reach Paris?!" "Oh, that'd be nice... We stop when we find some place sensible, shake them that's following us and lie low..." "So robbing Cornwall is lyin' low?! Turning into a bunch of killers is lyin' low?!" "That's what we have to do to survive, Hosea... We don't have much of a choice..." Hosea walked out from the tent with Dutch saying, "This will all end soon..." He turned to Dutch and responded with, "DAMN RIGHT IT WILL!!" He stormed past Arthur and went off to be alone. Best that you shouldn't bother him. As much as he loves you, he'll kill you. Instead you went to help anyone else pack up.

It wasn't long until Arthur called for you and Charles over to the horses. "I need you two for something." The both of you went over and got on the horses and rode out.

"What're we doing?" "To find a new spot to camp... We pushed our luck too far in Valentine..." "What even happened?" "We killed too many of Cornwall's men and the law... They probably know where we're holed up by now... And there's those fellers lookin' for (Y/N)..." "We shouldn't 've robbed that train in the mountains..." You added in. "We had to, (Y/N)... We needed the money..." "Well, we could've just robbed a train that didn't belong to some big rich guy... Dutch needs to calm down! Especially after that damn ferry job in Blackwater! I think a couple bolts went loose in his head!" Arthur have you a stern warning. "(Y/N)... Easy..." You were a bit startled from that, but you apologized. "Ah-Sorry..." You weren't going to take that back, but Arthur is on Dutch's side, so you have to be careful with the ranting.

"So, where are we going?" Charles broke the awkward silence. "A place called Dewberry Creek. It's down South and Dutch wants us to check it out." "Wait why're we goin' South?" You asked, being confused. The plan was to go back West. "We're just trying to shake off whoever's on us..." You do remember Hosea saying America's a big country. And the further you run, the easier it is to lose them.